Thread: Cardio

DrWoody is offline Junior Member

Cardio

When is it more productive to do cardio,before or after training?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWoody
    When is it more productive to do cardio,before or after training?
    SEPERATE from training.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yes, totally APART from training as one is AEROBIC and one is ANAEROBIC.

~SC~

DrWoody is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the reply guys.But what if you don't have time to go to the gym twice a day?I know best results would be to do cardio in the am on a empty stomach,but most days I can only make it to the gym once,and I still want to do cardio.

Right now I'm doing 30 mins of cardio after training whatever body part I do that day.Is that ok?

I know I should get a PWO shake in me 15 mins after my training.So am I loosing out on valuable nutrition?Cause from the time I finish training,then do my cardio,shower get changed....etc,its probably close to an hour from the time I finished training to the time I get my PWO.

Any advice on what I should do?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    No, it's not OK to do cardio after lifting. As Swole implies, each activity has two distinct goals and if you combine them, you will not be efficient at achieving either.

Take another look at your schedule. Few people have one mre hectic than mine, but I do cardio 7 times per week in the morning and I lift 4-5 times per week in the evening.

If you rweally can't get there, maybe you can buy a stationary bike or if your climate is appropriate, go for a power walk.

If that's not possible either, then plan on going to the gym first thing in the morning every day and alternate between cardio and lifting. That's not optimal but neither is what you are doing.

Peace to the Black Pope!!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWoody
    Thanks for the reply guys.But what if you don't have time to go to the gym twice a day?I know best results would be to do cardio in the am on a empty stomach,but most days I can only make it to the gym once,and I still want to do cardio.

Right now I'm doing 30 mins of cardio after training whatever body part I do that day.Is that ok?

I know I should get a PWO shake in me 15 mins after my training.So am I loosing out on valuable nutrition?Cause from the time I finish training,then do my cardio,shower get changed....etc,its probably close to an hour from the time I finished training to the time I get my PWO.

Any advice on what I should do?
    If you are doing it now, then how is it working for you. I would not ditch the cardio just because you cannot seperate the two. I beleive that cardio is better than no cardio, no matter when it is done. Can cardio be contradictive to your resistance training goals, possibly. Try it and see what happens. I have done them together and it wasn't good!!! I have tried all the methods, cardio and weights, am cardio/pm weights, am weights.pm cardio, pm weights and cardio seperated by a few hours. The only one that was productive for me was the am cardio and pm weights. I eat 4 times between the two. Just experiment a little.

Thread Information