Thread: what is better

magico is offline Junior Member

what is better

Currently doing this(I am trying to loose 25LB)

Mon-Chest/Tri
    Tue- Back/Bi
    Wed-Legs/Shoulders
    thurs -Chest
    Friday -arms
    Abs Every day except (Leg days)

I know cardio is not good after work out but it is the only time I can do it.

I would like to do this

Mon-Chest/Tri
    Tue- Back/Bi
    Wed-Legs/Shoulders
    thurs -CArdio
    Friday -CArdio

Or

One body part per day

Can you suggest

Depends on how your body reacts. If you can recover fast enough, i persoanlly think its best to work each part twice a week. But otherwise, it's perfectly fine to train each group only once a week. I see you wanna lose weight though, so the more you can train, the more calories you can burn, and thus the more weight you will lose. I also think one body part a day is a complete waste..with the exception of maybe legs. So, in conclusion, I guess I'm saying I like your current routine the best.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    monday-chest/tri
    tuesday-cardio
    wednesday-back/bi
    thurday-cardio
    friday-shoulders/trap
    sat-cardio
    sun-legs: You might want to go kinda light so you can do cardio all week.

This way you can get more cardio. If you cant go in the morning make sure its on an empty stomach.

I good diet is key. If your diet is loose so will the rest of your body so tighten it up and get serius about it.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I do cardio post-training during my contest prep...with great results. It' smore demanding..and some bros argue that it isn't as effective as morning cardio.

I think you should continue what you're doing currently routine-wise and toss in cardio (1/2-1 hour) post-training...this is if you are indeed constrained for time and unable to do morning cardio.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    monday-chest/tri
    tuesday-cardio
    wednesday-back/bi
    thurday-cardio
    friday-shoulders/trap
    sat-cardio
    sun-legs: You might want to go kinda light so you can do cardio all week.

This way you can get more cardio. If you cant go in the morning make sure its on an empty stomach.

I good diet is key. If your diet is loose so will the rest of your body so tighten it up and get serius about it.
    no no dont go light. go all out. squat squat squat balls to the wall. this will probably increase your metabolism greatly and spike up the hormones. when it comes time to do cardio, just suck it up i do. cardio helps me recover as long as it a fat burning cardio, not a cardiovascular strenghtening one

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    no no dont go light. go all out. squat squat squat balls to the wall. this will probably increase your metabolism greatly and spike up the hormones. when it comes time to do cardio, just suck it up i do. cardio helps me recover as long as it a fat burning cardio, not a cardiovascular strenghtening one
    squats raising your metabolism r u serious or what? I did not know squats would raise your motabolism. If it really does how does it do it? Im not being a jerk im really curious.

squats raising your metabolism r u serious or what? I did not know squats would raise your motabolism. If it really does how does it do it? Im not being a jerk im really curious.
    1. tearing down the largest part of your body will release a rediculous amount of anabolic chemicals

2. it increases your metabolism by keeping your heart pumping faster after you have worked out i trhink

3. squats to me imo just have a tendency to make your body scream holy **** i have to get bigger all over to support this **** weight my legs are lifting

4. you should have no problem doing "fat burning" cardio the day after legs. it is very beneficial imo.

all of the above is especially true when 20 reppers death squats are incorporated

i am sure some one more knowledgable can help me out here.

Yeah I could see how it would. But with all the cardio he is going to be doing it should be high already. If diet is in check them BAM high metobolism right there. Plus not everyone is the same. After a good heavy leg day the last thing I want to do is get on the eliptical(sp). But also that is just me. I think he is fairly new to lifting. I read some old threads from him that said he had a physical trainer. Kinda makes me think he could be new. Just thought he might want to go in to it kinda easy. Overtraining could lead to discouraging results.

sorry we jacked your thread bro.

I beleive this because legs are the only workout where I loose my breath and make me want to puke right after,I guess it makes sense because of all the lactic acid you build up.

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    break down your days a bit further and do cardio at least 4 days a weeks for at least 25 min at target heart rate. anything less wont do. as your heart and lungs get stronger you should slowly increase the length of your sessions.
    Last edited by bmg; 04-07-2005 at 03:51 PM.

Yeah I could see how it would. But with all the cardio he is going to be doing it should be high already. If diet is in check them BAM high metobolism right there. Plus not everyone is the same. After a good heavy leg day the last thing I want to do is get on the eliptical(sp). But also that is just me. I think he is fairly new to lifting. I read some old threads from him that said he had a physical trainer. Kinda makes me think he could be new. Just thought he might want to go in to it kinda easy. Overtraining could lead to discouraging results.

sorry we jacked your thread bro.
    I really appreciate this Beleive me
    I am new I have been on for 5 weeks but I am not happy that is why I need all the hel I can get as for my trainer I ditched him.I have not lost weight so I need a new game plan

Thanx to all of you

Thread Information