Thread: inner chest

russia dog is offline Member

inner chest

i wanna build the inner chest size
    in order to do that, i know i must use the principle of overload, meaning, i couldn;t do flys....it builds nothing

however... bench and dumbel press seems to be attacking more of the outter part of pec, how should i do this

Sorry to say, but fly's and squeezing the hell out of em at the apex of the motion.........

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    yup, fly movement's are what hits 'em. pec deck might be easier on your joints, but remember to really squeeze.

and if you're not getting that pro bb look right away don't loose hope. i've seen pic's of pro's when they were younger and many were quite swole and still didn't have good inner pec development- it takes tiime and your chest has really gotta mature.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    you could also try narrower grip pushup movementswith your fingers splayed out away from your body. try that as a finishing move and really squeeze the inner chest and the top.

or try 90 degree flyes- hold heavy dumbells like w/ a bench press but where the dumbells point the same way as your body. SQUEEZE!

good luck man

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    There is no way to work your inner or outter chest.. they're not seperate muscle groups.. there's only upper and lower chest. Just get your whole chest bigger, and your inner chest will grow.

when i do bench, my OUTER CHEST is swollen, not inner chest..
    when i push i feel like im only using the outer chest.. and inner chest, nothing.....
    very strange, i thought they were a single muscle too

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    When performing pressing movements invision your contraction starting at your armpit (insertion) and contracting inwards, squeezing the chest towards your sternum (origin). Working out is "Muscular Contractions", really focus on how the muscle works. It is harder than the biceps, or something your can see in the mirror, but have that mental focus.

english plz

translate for me plzz

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You only have a pec minor and pec major - no "inner chest" - just upper and lower. If you want a better looking "inner chest" aim for adding on some more overall beef to both areas of the pecs... larger muscle bellies will help. But the overall shape of a muscle is a genetic trend - otherwise Arnold's body could be sculpted by anyone...

Hypertrophy is my boy - but I think we have agreed to disagree on this before - I think he feels you can shape the pectorials due to their fiber arrangement... but I don't subscribe to that idea... correct me if I am wrong dude!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior

Hypertrophy is my boy - but I think we have agreed to disagree on this before - I think he feels you can shape the pectorials due to their fiber arrangement... but I don't subscribe to that idea... correct me if I am wrong dude!
    Warrior is back! Where you been bro?
    Nah, I just beleive in achieving maximal contractions, by contracting your pecs from origin to insertion, it ensures that you are activating all muscle fibers, even the so called "inner part." As most people reach full extension, they transfer the stress from their chest to their shoulders upon near lock-out. So, as the muscle is contracting inward towards the sternum, (inner part of the chest), but before the full pec is maximally stimulated, the stress is transferred to the anterior delts, leaving the inner portion of the chest underdeveloped. So bascially, keep those shoulder blades pinned together, chest up and out, and picture that muscle contracting from your armpit to your sternum, like two planets colliding.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Warrior is back! Where you been bro?
    Nah, I just beleive in achieving maximal contractions, by contracting your pecs from origin to insertion, it ensures that you are activating all muscle fibers, even the so called "inner part." As most people reach full extension, they transfer the stress from their chest to their shoulders upon near lock-out. So, as the muscle is contracting inward towards the sternum, (inner part of the chest), but before the full pec is maximally stimulated, the stress is transferred to the anterior delts, leaving the inner portion of the chest underdeveloped. So bascially, keep those shoulder blades pinned together, chest up and out, and picture that muscle contracting from your armpit to your sternum, like two planets colliding.
    Sup H? Yeah... I am here...

For sure - I deffinitly believe in that form for pulling in your shoulder blades and sticking out your chest. It's really effective in recruiting the pecs by sticking them up past the delts. Plus, it's seems to be the safest way for those prone to shoulder pain...

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by russia dog
    english plz
    Squeeze the sh*t out of your chest at peak contraction. It is easiest to feel with dumb bell. Feel the stretch at the bottom and squeeeeeeeeeeeze at the top.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Dude-Man and Warrior are on the money. A good analogy I once heard is working a certain part of a muscle is like trying to stretch only a certain part of a bungee cord while holding it from both ends. Can't do it. I would suggest making the most out of your contractions while increasing your range of motion, this might help recruit fiber over a broader range of the muscle. Other than that, just focus on overall mass by using compound movements instead of "shaper" excercises that IMO are a waste of time. To me it seems like those excercises fatigue you more than recruit muscle fiber.

Thread Information