Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member

Who here does Dumbell Pullovers?

Does anyone do them and has had main any gains doing dumbell pullovers? i just started doing them i dont know if i was going to light but i felt it more in my lats i heard its real good to do it stretches oout your ribcage or whatever anyone like doing this exercise?

Peace BaSh

" John Hancock? It's Herbie Hancock. " - Chris Farley -

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Pullovers
    Equipment Needed: dumbell and a flat bench
    How to: Set the weight on the ground on either side of the bench. Lay your upper back on the bench and grab the weight. Your grip should look like a triangle with one hand over lapping the other. Raise the weight until it is almost above your head then lower it. Focus on the chest. Fell your rib cage expand.
    http://members.aol.com/usamuscle/routine9.html

NightOp is offline Member
    I don't do em, but plan on starting them this summer.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    They do help. I added them into my workout. You can definitely feel a burn. Go with the form that Devil suggested....

solid90062 is offline Member
    i like ethm have been doing them for quite some time...They defnite add something to the workout

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Question Shoulders ?

How would they effect someone like me with bad shoulders (rotator cuffs) ? Should I stay away from this exercise?

(btw -- I have never donw them, but seen them performed many times in the gym)
    Last edited by Canes4Ever; 04-08-2002 at 12:58 AM.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Canes...go light weight and see how it feels. Good luck bro!

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Canes4Ever : try different weight you would be surprised how heavy you can go cause you only need to move the weight
    a little bit to feel it in your chest

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    i've been doing them for awhile now and I really like em. I feel it the next day in the back base of my triceps in a spot that doesn't seem to get worked with anything else, not to mention in the chest and the lats too.

Thanks Neo and DD !

DBC
    DBC is offline New Member

Thumbs up bad rotator

I have been doing these for years and have a bad rotator cuff as well, so like previously mentioned...just start out light and feel out your comfort level...your body will tell you NO if it does not like it.

Nate_Dog is offline Member

Re: Who here does Dumbell Pullovers?

Originally posted by Commander_Bash
    Does anyone do them and has had main any gains doing dumbell pullovers? i just started doing them i dont know if i was going to light but i felt it more in my lats i heard its real good to do it stretches oout your ribcage or whatever anyone like doing this exercise?

Peace BaSh

" John Hancock? It's Herbie Hancock. " - Chris Farley -
    Yep Pullovers do bit of your lats, clavicle pec, seratus anterior.

Nate_Dog is offline Member

Re: Shoulders ?

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    How would they effect someone like me with bad shoulders (rotator cuffs) ? Should I stay away from this exercise?

(btw -- I have never donw them, but seen them performed many times in the gym)
    Hi Canes, do you doing any internal/external rotation exercise for you rotator cuff muscles? It will help....

murph is offline Member
    love em,... the stretch is awsome, and so is the burn........

Beat Down Wrinkles is offline New Member

Talking

Canes: I will tell youbud I had never done them before either and the first time I did them I was able to go to about 95 pounds or so without any pain in the shoulder and could still feel a really good burn. I really liked the exercise and decided to do it and add it into my routine because I have HEARD (?) that it also works your lower chest pretty good too. So I use it in place of decline since decline doesn't have a large opposite muscle group and can lead to torn rotator cuffs. Or so they say, I can't take the chance but I think you could do it with no worries and still feel really good. Just MHO.

Re: Re: Shoulders ?

Originally posted by Nate_Dog

Hi Canes, do you doing any internal/external rotation exercise for you rotator cuff muscles? It will help....
    Hi Nate, yes I do on shoulder day. I warm up the shoulders with a 5 lb plate for 20 minutes. I do L-Shape exercises with my arms to warm them up. I also do the laying on the bench and keep your elbow tucked and lift the weight up and down. It looks like a wimpy exercise but yes it has helped me a bit. The only problem is you have to go up from a 5lbs weight to 10 lbs and that is quate a jump.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Its a myth that they stretch your ribcage that is impossible I do these every toher chest workout.Canes my shoulders are not the best in the world but I get no prob doping this excercise.

I stretch the shoulder prior to do it by doing this

Hold onto a fixed point and lean forward gentley so your arm is behind you slowly move your shoulder forward and you will feel the strecth internally.Take it easy with this move but I have found it does strengthen the ligaments and cuffs

dern180 is offline Member
    DevilsDeity........Nice web sit site you posted. People can really learn form it.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I always get a great burn in the middle of my pecs when I do pullovers and I always have excelent soreness on that spot the day after.

roy dirr is offline New Member
    i will do them after a really tough chest day, and like five or so sets of those really ads to the burn

Thread Information