Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Paullusion is offline Associate Member
    has to be proper form man, if you can do it, post a video.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    not possible 8 times if that is the pic of you in your avatar. sorry. I dont beleive it. BDTR doesnt curl 210 8 times i dont think.
    o really....like I said I cheated and used my back. It was straight bar ultra wide grip. 210 for 8. Ya that pic in my avatar is me and yes I did curl 210 for 8. Why would I lie? to impress people on the board? give me a break.

that's a ridiculous weight man. I've gotta see this in a video.

what's your stats?

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullusion
    there's no way you can curl more than your bodyweight with proper form.

it's guys like you that never will becuase you already have it set in your head that it cant be done! can't think like that!

ya im gonna bring a video camera to the gym and tape it just to prove that I did it. I really don't care if anyone on here believes me or not.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    ya im gonna bring a video camera to the gym and tape it just to prove that I did it. I really don't care if anyone on here believes me or not.
    why not shred...i bring my video camera to the gym everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    it's guys like you that never will becuase you already have it set in your head that it cant be done! can't think like that!
    could not have been said better

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    im no where close to curling my bodyweight. by biceps dont respond well to low reps. it took me years to accept this. now i train 'em at higher reps and they are responding well in size. i weigh about 205 and usually never use more than 120lbs for a working set.

could not have been said better

o really....like I said I cheated and used my back. It was straight bar ultra wide grip. 210 for 8. Ya that pic in my avatar is me and yes I did curl 210 for 8. Why would I lie? to impress people on the board? give me a break.
    exactly why lie to people that you've never even met let alone even seen before? doesnt make sense to lie on here, what good will it do? especially when it comes to dieting where you're answers and help depend on you to state your stats in order to get the proper answers!

let's see a video

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    why not shred...i bring my video camera to the gym everyday!
    first off you won't see me bringing my video camera to the gym. Second, I wouldn't even know how to post it or put it on my computer for that matter if I had the videotape, so it would be pointless.

i have a hard enough time trying to post pics let alone video.

get someone to shoot it with a cameraphone or something.

first off you won't see me bringing my video camera to the gym. Second, I wouldn't even know how to post it or put it on my computer for that matter if I had the videotape, so it would be pointless.
    ummm it was a JOKE shred....lol

bro can't your read...I wouldnt know what to do with it if i had videotape or on a phone...sorry I'm not a computer expert and like I said I could careless if you or anyone believes me. end of convo.

dude why do you care so much....why would we lie about it....who the hell are we trying to impress...our PC's?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    ummm it was a JOKE shred....lol
    I thought so...wasn't suprised because I knew a kid that used to do this though.

I thought so...wasn't suprised because I knew a kid that used to do this though.
    OMG - thats funny.

if you don't care you would have stopped responding on your first post. i'm not calling you a lier guy. i just wanna see it cause it's a crazy ass weight.

to post the video, you press record on the camera, plug the camera into the computer via usb. then attach the video file to your post from the camera memory card.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I curled 100lbs dumbells standing for 1 rep.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I curl 135lbs for 3-5 reps using the O straight bar and I am 180lbs @5'6", no way I could do more and keep anything to resemble form. The last two I sometimes cheat.. By the way there is no need to lift so heavy because the purpose is to stimulate muscle growth not destroy into submission the muscle so it never can never recover. As a side note Dorian Yates did retire not because he just decided to but because of sustained injuries from years of heavy duty 1-2 working sets. If a joint is affected there are two good reasons 1. form 2. too much weight or both.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 04-12-2005 at 05:55 PM. Reason: adding

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I can probably curl about 3/4 of my weight once with proper form. I would be surprised to see someone natural do their bodyweight with correct form and starting with the weight dead still in the air (not while picking it up from the ground and using momentum).

zuke is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carbs-rule
    I can probably curl about 3/4 of my weight once with proper form. I would be surprised to see someone natural do their bodyweight with correct form and starting with the weight dead still in the air (not while picking it up from the ground and using momentum).
    oh sure, hold everyone to the "natural" standard....

you guys all need to sharpen up on your reading skills...I said I CHEATED when I did it. I did NOT use strict form hence the reason I was able to do it.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    oh sure, hold everyone to the "natural" standard....
    the first post in the thread indicated he was clean. I have no doubt that most of the top bodybuiilders, all juicers, can curl their weight.

so then it's settled. it's practically impossible to curl greater than or equal to your own body weight with proper form and being clean.

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    I think it is posible to curl your bodyweight for a couple reps but any more than that would be incredible to see. I believe both of you guys did what you stated, personally I could never even come close to curling my bodyweight for even one rep. props to both of ya!

Quote Originally Posted by crazle43764
    I think it is posible to curl your bodyweight for a couple reps but any more than that would be incredible to see. I believe both of you guys did what you stated, personally I could never even come close to curling my bodyweight for even one rep. props to both of ya!
    thanks bro! but i still have 10lbs to go to curl my body weight!

there's no way you can curl more than your bodyweight with proper form.
    True that, you'd have to offset your bodyweight or you'd fall forward.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    True that, you'd have to offset your bodyweight or you'd fall forward.
    i do bent-rows with alot more than my body weight and i dont fall over so what exaclty are you talking about?

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    Same here I use about 315 for bent rows and I have no problems stabilizing myself. i think if your core muscles are strong enough you wouldnt have any trouble balancing yourself or falling over.

i do bent-rows with alot more than my body weight and i dont fall over so what exaclty are you talking about?

Of course you can do bent over rows with more than your own bodyweight, your not standing straight up!! It's physics bro, think about it. You have something in your hands that weighs the same as you do, your hands are out in front of you and on top of that you have the momentum from bringing the weight down on the negative, your going to be forced to cheat in order to maintain your stance.

Of course you can do bent over rows with more than your own bodyweight, your not standing straight up!! It's physics bro, think about it. You have something in your hands that weighs the same as you do, your hands are out in front of you and on top of that you have the momentum from bringing the weight down on the negative, your going to be forced to cheat in order to maintain your stance.
    exaclty, the heavier the weight the more cheating required.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Me, not even close. Some day I think it can be done, not for high reps though.

The most I ever curled was 185lbs for 6 reps in half decent form(the first few were clean, the last few minor cheating), I was 245lbs at the time, and curling all that weight hardly made my arms grow at all. I've come to find that when your curling crazy weight, your body is so focused on your balance and lower back muscles for support that it becomes harder to zero in on what your really aiming to accomplish. Thats how it is for me anyways.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    The most I ever curled was 185lbs for 6 reps in half decent form(the first few were clean, the last few minor cheating), I was 245lbs at the time, and curling all that weight hardly made my arms grow at all. I've come to find that when your curling crazy weight, your body is so focused on your balance and lower back muscles for support that it becomes harder to zero in on what your really aiming to accomplish. Thats how it is for me anyways.
    Same here, I dont even try to go wild with the weight...I just do what my biceps respond to the best...moderate weight and 6-8 reps. Cheating and throwing out my back doesnt do anything for me.

you're obviously not a physics major! you're bent 90 degrees at the hips and you're rowing huge amounts of weight? if you're body lacked balance on any exercise id have to say it would be heavy bent-rows! but because your feet stick out infront of you, this gives you the ability to hold weight like that!leverage! if your feet were the oposite way around and your heels were infornt of you yes you would fall face first!
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 04-12-2005 at 08:50 PM.

you're obviously not a physics major! you're bent 90 degrees at the hips and you're rowing huge amounts of weight? if you're body lacked balance on any exercise id have to say it would be heavy bent-rows! but because your feet stick out infront of you, this gives you the ability to hold weight like that!leverage! if your feet were the oposite way around and your heels were infornt of you yes you would fall face first!
    obvioulsy you don't know anything about physics let alone majoring in it.

the body lacks balance on no exersize. if it did you'd fall over plain and simple.

obvioulsy you don't know anything about physics let alone majoring in it.

the body lacks balance on no exersize. if it did you'd fall over plain and simple.

actually i do, im an engineering major! and if your body lacks balance on no exercise then y would you say i would balance from curling??????? you just contridicted yourself!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information