Ridla is offline Associate Member

Optimim strength gains??

What is done to get optimum strength gains??? as for these 3 months I want to work on srength strenght strength. My body is just growing like a mother ****** but I am week as hell.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    If your going for pure strength theres only one way to do it. CORE EXERCISES!!! no dumbell flies, no leg extension, and no isolated curls.. Squats,Cleans,lunges,Deadlift,military, Flat/ incline bench, Rows etc...
    Ive seen alot of people do all core exercises like mon-wed, take of thursday, then friday maybe do some bicep,tricep work if u wanna keep up a good appearance, im no expert im sure some people on here could outline a great workout for u, but core exercises done high weight/low rep is the optimum way to gain strength

Ridla is offline Associate Member
    Thnx mac, anyone else????

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    ~Linear Periodization~
    Plan a date to be your strongest and design microcycles to peak you out.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Gains for strength are sometimes best fought battling your psycological limiting factors. Flat Benching 405 may seem like a lot of weight - especially if you currently manage to squeeze out only a few with 225.

One great way to train is the 5X5 method for chest. Warm up to your current 1RM. Do 5 sets on a flat bench of just singles. Then strip about 50 pounds off (this would vary between people) and then do 5 sets of 5's. And thats your chest workout - finished. It works by kicking your adrenelin in and showing you what heavy really is - and then backing off a bit... the weight for 5 reps seems much lighter after pushing out the singles! You could supplement it with a stretching movement like flyes depending on your current conditioning... but don't go overboard. Every time you do a 5X5 chest workout - and 2.5 - 5 pounds to the bar. At that pace (which is deffinitly possible with this method - from personal experience) you would be bench pressing up to 50 pounds heavier after 10 workouts.

When you get under a heavy weight you should mentally place certain ideas in your head, like:

The weight is NOT heavy... forget people who tell you it is or ask, "WOW - how much is that?" (I always tell them, "I don't care..." and stay focused.

Invision yourself as a machine with hydraulic pumps or launching a weight up like a rocket - no matter what.

Pretend it's a life or death achievement... like your pushing or pulling a deadly weight off a relative...

Scream your bosses name on the exhale - I don't know... works for me

Thread Information