FAT BURN or CARDIO option when doing CARDIO?!?!

Ok, I'm somewhat new to the whole cardio thing. I've always been about putting on size. It's the summer and I gotta put together a little experiment. I did a clean bulker my previous cycle doing cardio 30min ED. I will be doing 45min ED now and I'd like to know from you guys when you step on that machine what are the usual options you choose? Fat burn? Cardio? Fit Test? Steady HR? I was doing Cardio 45min trying to keep my HR at 135-151 but I felt that I lost way too much size. Let me know what you guys think so I can begin doing that.

zuke is offline Member
    i just run outside, but i do like to run intervals.... fast,slow,fast

running hills is the best

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I usually do fat burn or manual. I keep my heart rate between 115-125 for 45-60 minutes when i do cardio. Above 130 is too high IMO...

What pace are you guys doing it also?

hmmm? i just keep a steady pace. I might switch machines though. like 20 min on treadmill, 20 min on the eliptical machine, and 20 min on the bike....

Thats too much moving around. I'm sticking to one!

Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    Thats too much moving around. I'm sticking to one!
    ohh but it gets old...switching it up doesn't feel as long. I don't do it all the time but there are the days when i don't feel like being there

Yeah, I feel ya bro. I just put on my little radio and get lost in the music. I hate doing cardio with my partner. He always has this "I wanna get off this crap" vibe which ruins my zone. LOL Bastard!

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    well i'm 22, 225lbs and my target HR for "fat burn" is around 129..so to keep it around there i walk on a treadmill at about, 3.2-3.5 mph for 45-60 mins

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    go w/ manual foo,
    its all about heart rate regulation...
    ESPECIALLLLY to preserve muscle mass
    keep it Low 60-70%MHR for 45min-hour last thing you want is to resort to protein for fuel.
    as long as its mild pace, consistant HR%, in the morning, empty stomache, and 45min+ its gonna get excellent results.

training is specific...if you were training to be fit to play basketball you would train at fast, and then slower intervals because of the running, slowing down, and running again included in a game....anyway, for fat burn you should run a good 45 min at 65 or 70% of your maximum heart rate so 220-(your age) x .65 or .70

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Manual, so you can maintain your correct target heart rate.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    go w/ manual foo,
    its all about heart rate regulation...
    ESPECIALLLLY to preserve muscle mass
    keep it Low 60-70%MHR for 45min-hour last thing you want is to resort to protein for fuel.
    as long as its mild pace, consistant HR%, in the morning, empty stomache, and 45min+ its gonna get excellent results.
    Didn't I tell you to stop following me around? LOL. Thanks brotha. Yours and everyone elses advice and feedback are treasures to my long journey of superiorness amongst the juicers...lol

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Didn't I tell you to stop following me around? LOL. Thanks brotha. Yours and everyone elses advice and feedback are treasures to my long journey of superiorness amongst the juicers...lol
    i only fallow you around because i know your going to need someone to pick you up and help put your basketball helmet back on

lol...

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    the one thing i have to say about my gym is that all you have to do is punch in where you want your HR to be, and it will adjust automaticlly i.e if you want your maximum HR to be 130 the machine will adjust to either slow down speed up or go on an incline accordingly

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I'm somewhat new to the whole cardio thing. I've always been about putting on size. It's the summer and I gotta put together a little experiment. I did a clean bulker my previous cycle doing cardio 30min ED. I will be doing 45min ED now and I'd like to know from you guys when you step on that machine what are the usual options you choose? Fat burn? Cardio? Fit Test? Steady HR? I was doing Cardio 45min trying to keep my HR at 135-151 but I felt that I lost way too much size. Let me know what you guys think so I can begin doing that.
    I jump on the eliptical in the morning on empty and hit fat burn. It calculates 65% of my max heart rate after i enter my age, weight, etc....while working out it monitors my heart rate and i make sure it stay close within the 65% mark. I usually do 45 min to 1 hr.

Thread Information