Getting Past Tendonitis?

I have tendonitis in both my shoulders and there is no way in hell I am taking time off from training. I've taken time off before to try to remedy this and 4 weeks wasn't even enough...I've had shoulder surgery before so thats not an option as my shoulder is healthy now. I need to get past this though because its ruining my workouts, any shoulder work out I can do to get past it? Right now I'm doing front raises, lateral raises, and bent over rear raises as my shoulder routine. I've been skipping a lot of workouts with them, and I feel I just need to keep training and not keep them weak. Any suggestions?

lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    i just had shoulder surgery a couple of months ago and am having the same problem with tendonitis. i find taking alot of ibouprofin helps out tramendously but most people dont like taking ibouprofin.my physical therapist does a little massage on my spine and shoulder blades which helps to loosen up the muscles and ligaments so mabey a sport therapy message, and plenty of ice after exersize never heat. i had the same shoulder routine your doing know before i had my surgery and my sholders and traps actually got alot bigger if think over head military is a tad bit over rated imo.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    keep weight light and higher reps for the next 6-8 weeks...i had surgery about 3 years ago i had a labrem tear and partial ligament tears, if you're insured see if you can get some physical therapy.

p.s you can also try epson salt...cut a sleeve off an old shirt and soak it in there and put it on, helps some, glucosomine as well helps
    Last edited by Bigpup101; 08-03-2005 at 03:50 PM.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I personally like to use ibuprofen and glucosamine chondroitin. The combination of those two allow me to train pain-free. Most will tell you to do exercises for the rotator cuff. This helps, but what I found most successful is to concentrate on vertical pulling exercises (t-bar rows, bent-over laterals, etc). Place these exercises early in the week, especially before chest, and this should help ease the pain.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Most people's internal rotators of the shoulder are very strong from bench pressing and the like. In turn, they have very weak external rotators (muscle snatch exercise) because they don't train as hard for what they can't see in mirror.

Thread Information