J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member

A.M Cardio - Burning calories...

According to your trainer's computer, how much cals do you burn on your am cardio ? Please provide Time, Calories and type of cardio.

I do 40 minutes on a Bike and burn about 320 cals staying at 130-140 BPM.

(Note that if i do evening cardio, for the same itensity/time i would burn 450 cals on Bike and 700 on eliptical)

But is 320 clas for morning cardio is any good ? how much do you guys get ?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member

I do Precor for 40 minutes and the machine says I burn 560 kcal @ 130bpm. However, the machine is totally inaccurate.
    I don't really understand your post. Are you saying you burn more calories in the evening when intenisty and modes are the same. That's wrong. You'll burn the same amount of kcals if the mode and intensity are the same whether morning, noon, or night. Where the kcals are coming from as far as carb/fat metabolism will differ.
    Finally, is 320 kcal good for what?

J-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy

I do Precor for 40 minutes and the machine says I burn 560 kcal @ 130bpm. However, the machine is totally inaccurate.
    I don't really understand your post. Are you saying you burn more calories in the evening when intenisty and modes are the same. That's wrong. You'll burn the same amount of kcals if the mode and intensity are the same whether morning, noon, or night. Where the kcals are coming from as far as carb/fat metabolism will differ.
    Finally, is 320 kcal good for what?
    Yup, I reach my Target HR with less efforts in P.M cardio than on A.M cardio.

Well, I dont want to not if 320 cals is good or not, I want to know if the burned cals while am cardio is important for fat loss or not, i mean, if I Reach my Target Hr for bat burning, should I worry about calories burned during the session ? ( Like switching from bike to eliptical to have a larger caloric expenditure) ?

Quote Originally Posted by J-F
    Yup, I reach my Target HR with less efforts in P.M cardio than on A.M cardio.

Well, I dont want to not if 320 cals is good or not, I want to know if the burned cals while am cardio is important for fat loss or not, i mean, if I Reach my Target Hr for bat burning, should I worry about calories burned during the session ? ( Like switching from bike to eliptical to have a larger caloric expenditure) ?
    Well then, you are burnig more calories in the PM because you are in your Target Heart Rate for a longer duration~
    Yes, the 320 kcals that are burned during AM cardio are critically important for fat loss. Yes, you NEED to worry about calories burned. As this is what creates the calorie deficit that leads to weight loss. So if you want faster weight loss, burn more calories, or if you want to slow down the process, burn less calories. So if you want to burn more calories, switch to the precor, because it involves more muscular which takes more energy! Please read over your post before you post them, as the first sentence confused me once again.

J-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Please read over your post before you post them, as the first sentence confused me once again.
    Sorry, but obviously, english is my second langage.

Thanks you for help !

Quote Originally Posted by J-F
    Sorry, but obviously, english is my second langage.

That is good to hear you had me worried there!!!

Thread Information