Thread: Lower back pain

Scrub is offline Member

Question Lower back pain

So I was working out last week, mon I did my pecs and back, tues my bi's and tri's. Anyway, I woke up wed morning and my back was hurting. By thursday it was killing me! I don't ever remember putting any undo strain on it. When I work out I keep a good form and use light weights. Has anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions on why my back hurts?

millionmillionaires is offline Associate Member
    What part of your back and what kind of pain?

Scrub is offline Member
    It's in my lower middle back and it is really sore like I did a bunch deadlifts or something. I've had it for a week now!

zuke is offline Member
    are you on gear?

Scrub is offline Member
    No, not yet at least.

cjp85 is offline Member
    How is your posture, especially during workouts? Are you familiar with how you should be breathing? Keep your shoulder blades pulled together the entire time with your chest pushed out while keeping your core muscles tight. Not sure if this is the problem, but it was for me a few years ago.

skribbble is offline Member
    when i had lower back pains it was because i had tight hamstrings. Stretch your hammys out

Ranger5 is offline Junior Member
    Everytime I've had a strain it was due to poor form. Check out Arnold's encyc. or the equivilant and check your form out. Never hurts to brush up on knowledge no matter how mundane.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are having pain or a hard time getting out of your car then I would suggest you see a good chiropractor. If it is your lower spinal column then it is not going to get better overnight. One of your vertabrae is out of alignment. A good chiro is a must if you plan on continuing lifting. You do not have to experience the pain immediately when you were lifting but if you did a back exercise like deads then its related period. What happens is synovial spinal fluid begins to surround the damaged area trying to compensate and protect it. The excess pressure goes against the nerves and you have a delayed pain.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 05-04-2005 at 07:16 AM. Reason: spell

Thread Information