Jenseno9 is offline Member

Right pec is smaller

Ive always had my right pec larger than my left. What is the best way to bring up the lagging one?

This is my chest workout now
    bench
    warm up sets
    225x10
    245x8
    265x3-4

incline or decline bench
    155x10
    165x8
    165x8

Incline dumbells
    75x12/12/12

I was thinking about just doing dumbells for all exercises, but i was worried that my max bench would get weaker? Is this true?

Or maybe keep with the bench press as the 1st exercise then do 3 more excercises with dumbells.
    4 total

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    hmmm, I'm not sure but I can tell you that I switched to dumbells for everything about 1 year ago. I've noticed a big difference in my pecs especially since switching. They were never uneven really but dumbells definitely work my chest better than the barbell did. I'm not sure if it has weakened my max (in fact I presume it would increase it) but I haven't maxed in a long time. I do use heavier and heavier dumbells though.

I know this doesn't really answer your question but I've become a firm believer that dumbells are superior to the barbell. I would make the switch if I were you.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not sure about answering the question but i can say that i believe dumbells are much better than the barbell also. I haven't benched in a very long time and don't plan to anytime soon...

Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member
    IMO, I agree with dumbells being better as well, but I also think your bench will go down if you don't mix them together. I try to do both, with a heavy bench day earlier in the week....

dumbbells are excellent, great for your stabilizer muscles...i had the same problem as you and within the past few months it has begun to even out but its not there yet....now on the lagging pec I'll add an extra set or two Jay Cutler style using only one dumbbell

Thread Information