HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

stress on a muscle,what is it??

i know that stress is directly related to the amount of weight lifted, higher the weight=more stress, but my question is does muscle actually know the amount of weight lifted or just the stress level that is introduced? say when you are doing a program like chest,shoulders,tris in one day for example, once you get to shoulders and tris the weight you lift is not going to be as heavy as opposoed to starting that bodypart fresh, but if you're still pushing the same amount of reps with the same intensity and stress levels but with lower weight because of the fatigue induced from chest does the shoulder and tricep muscles still get stimulated as much as starting fresh with more weight??? what do you guys think?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    The muscles know Stress. Yes, even though your weight is significantly less in a fatigued state, if maximal exertion occurs, maximal motor units recruitment will also occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    The muscles know Stress. Yes, even though your weight is significantly less in a fatigued state, if maximal exertion occurs, maximal motor units recruitment will also occur.

sounds good! im going to start using a more frequent training split because i feel like im fulley recoverd from training a body part after 3 days so im switching to

day1-chest/shoulders/tri
    day2-legs
    day3-off
    day4-back/bis
    day5-chest/shoulders/tri
    day6-off
    day7-legs
    day8-back/bis

this way im hitting everything twice in 8days and 4days of recovery for each muscle group. Big muscle groups will be hit with 2 exercises 3sets 4-6 reps, smaller group like bi/tri,traps will be hit with 1 exercise 3 sets 4-6reps. what do ya think????

Looks good. Give it a shot and monitor your weights. I might steal that slpit from you in about 10 weeks and try it out myself!
    Let me know how it goes~

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Looks good. Give it a shot and monitor your weights. I might steal that slpit from you in about 10 weeks and try it out myself!
    Let me know how it goes~

cool sounds good. my only concern with this split is if the back workout will fatigue my shoulders becasue i train chest/shoulders/tri the day after i train back in a few of the rotations!

also another question for ya, my shoulders are lagging, do you think this will make them lag even more not hitting them with a "shoulder only" day???

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    cool sounds good. my only concern with this split is if the back workout will fatigue my shoulders becasue i train chest/shoulders/tri the day after i train back in a few of the rotations!

also another question for ya, my shoulders are lagging, do you think this will make them lag even more not hitting them with a "shoulder only" day???
    Wasn't going to mention it, but there are a few concerns. Doing legs and back on consecutive days. Squats, dead, bent rows, all place tremendous stress on the erector spinae, lower back, so be cautious. Yes, back and shoulders day fall like this also, in a few rotations. The days when you have these conflicts, prioritze one or the other muscle and blast it. Then have an easier/lighter day for the other muscle group.

ive been giving that program some deep thought and those problems that you've mention are huge deciding factors whenever or not ill grow from it, and i dont know if im willing to take a chance like that, and/or hurt my self so i think i may just stick to this...

day1-chest/tris
    -incline bench
    -flat db press
    -weighted dips
    -skulls
    -close-grip bench

day2-back/bis
    -weighted chins
    -bent-rows
    -deads
    -straight bar
    -standing db curls

day3-rest

day4-shoulders/traps
    -db press
    -military press
    -upright rows
    -seated laterals
    -bent over rear db flies
    -shrugs

day5 -legs
    squats 10x10
    leg curls 3x10
    standing calf raises 5x10

day6-rest

day7-repeat

*all exercises are done with 3 sets of 4-6reps except legs

*my main concern with this program is the volume of delt work, my shoulder are lagging keep in mind...

Thread Information