foomycoomy is offline New Member

What's the best way to drop weight fast???

I've bulked up enough and would like to cut up now and drop weight fast if possible...I do 4 days weight training and 3 days bike riding...I weight 235 lbs and would like to cut up, I've always been bulky but never have been cut...What can I do??? Help

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Do you want to drop weight, or bodyfat? Two totally different things....

My first suggestion, would be to get your diet in order...

Read this for a solid Cutting Diet outline: http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=75729

I would increase your cardio to 5+ days per week as well, depending on goals of course..

In the morning on an empty stomach is best.... maintaining 65-75% MHR... 45+mins.... up to an hour...

(220 – your age) * .65
    (220 – your age) * .75

Then wait 45mins or so to eat your first Pro/Carb meal, or, wait 15-20 mins before ingesting your first Pro/Fat meal...

If possible, do your weights later on in the day...

Another thing to look into, is keeping the intensity of your workouts up, and perhaps look into a martial art.... I'm considering this myself thanks to good bro's suggestion.

You may choose to add a thermogenic into the mix, ECY is favoured by many, but for starters, start drinking green tea spread out through the day...

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO there is no best way to loose only fat "FAST"...

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    IMO there is no best way to loose only fat "FAST"...
    That's the thing I commented on as well..

It's one thing to drop weight (as he has requested), but another thing altogther to drop BF and not LBM....

I've never done any roids, the most I've done in the past is M1T and creatine...I would like to keep as much lean mass as possible and drop body fat, however I know losing some lean mass will take place but I would like that to be a minimum...The hardest part to lose weight obviously is in my abdomen...That cutting diet post is awesome, gonna extract as much as I can from it...Also, I work 3rd shift, go to class or hospital clinical 4 out of five days a week so getting to the gym in the morn is out of the question and a good nights sleep, well thats for the birds, gotta pay the bills...Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Also what is ECY??

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foomycoomy
    Also what is ECY??
    Ephedrine/Caffine/Yohimbie(sp?)
    OR
    Ephedrine/Caffine/Aspirin

Quote Originally Posted by foomycoomy
    I've never done any roids, the most I've done in the past is M1T and creatine...I would like to keep as much lean mass as possible and drop body fat, however I know losing some lean mass will take place but I would like that to be a minimum...The hardest part to lose weight obviously is in my abdomen...That cutting diet post is awesome, gonna extract as much as I can from it...Also, I work 3rd shift, go to class or hospital clinical 4 out of five days a week so getting to the gym in the morn is out of the question and a good nights sleep, well thats for the birds, gotta pay the bills...Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks
    You don't have to do cardio in a gym..... brisk walking outside will do the trick. That way, you can still only hit the gym once per day. If you want to get the results you're seeking, you need to be dedicated, and motivated. Sleep is essential. 8+ hours per night. If you don't sleep, or do cardio, your results are going to be poor. Priorities are a bitch.

cjp85 is offline Member
    If you're looking to really achieve these goals, you might want to forget about the fastest way possible approach. It most likely will make you frustrated and cause you to give up. On the other hand, set small goals and start now. Tell yourself you will be 4 pounds lighter in 2 weeks and if you're not, you need to figure out why.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Calories in =calories out. I would suggest because of your schedule you choose one or the other ie. muscle gain or fat loss. When going for fat loss you can only minimize lbm losses. And this approach is more long term not a crash diet yo yo affect. First priority is nutrition. Keep a log on your daily food intake for a week. Slowly, decrease the total amount of calories by say 200-500 a week. 3500kcals = 1lb of body weight so after 7 weeks through diet alone you can loose 1 lb. Sounds like not much and I agree but that is from the diet aspect. Add cardio and bingo. Keep cardio limited 4-5 days at 65%-75% max of THR. < 1hour. As a suggestion go with a ratio of 45-35-20 carbs,protein, fats(healthy). Keeping to low GI carbs mostly , drink fluids, drop sodium intake. This can help but is only a suggestion as there are so many other factors I am only speculating this will help because it is basic proven results. Eat 5-6 smaller meals not 3 big ones. Eat UNTIL hunger pains subside not to" clean the plate go for seconds" mentality. It's a new mindset...

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    depends on what you call fast. i lost 9%bf in 6 weeks with cardio 5 days 1 hr per day and strict cuting diet. that was fast for me.

Thread Information