hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member

Working out while sore

I'm still a little sore from doing chest last thursday, but i want to go again today, should I wait till ALL soreness subsides to work that muscle again?

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    i personally love lifting while alittle sore(ive posted this many times) after your 2 warmup sets i garuntee you wont even feel sore ne more. That will really stretch you out n i think youll be good to go on your heavy sets. I personally wait 6 days for every muscle, but its up to you man. Also on you warmup sets, i liek to do dumbell flat bench and go really wide(so my tris r parralel to the ground) and go alittle slower then usual, you will feel your shoulders and chest stretch out, and like i said u should be good to go for ur heavier sets, let me know what u end up doing n how it goes

arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    nah, go to the gym bro. Just stretch and after a few sets, you will be good to go!

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! Im gonna go and see how it feels.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If I trained Thursday, I'd personally not train again until next Thursday, or Wednesday at the earliest. (that same bodypart)

If you are still sore, you ain't recovered yet! Even after soreness is gone, you still aren't assured complete recovery. More rest is better then not enough.

Over-training absolutely KILLS progress.

~SC~

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Soreness = not recovered= no workout = forget the previous replies except SC's.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I must say I admire the way you respond blue.

~SC~

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    swole i thought you worked everything every 5 days?

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Well the reason why i said go ahead was because i was assuming he is still in his "sore" stage. I know if i take a break for a while ten get back in the gym, even with a full weeks rest for that muscle i am still sore, but after my workout i feel much better, then the next day i am sore again. This will last for about a month then after a day or 2 i am fine

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I must say I admire the way you respond blue.

~SC~
    Duly noted, thanks.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    i agree, its the same reason i moved to 1 day a week per body part. I wish i could do the every 6th cause my body is ready by day 6 to work the same part again but my schedule doesnt allow it.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    BlueT is a smart man, I skim through the posts and usually just read a few and his is one.
    About the post, it is going to be very difficult to OVERLAOD while you are still sore~

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    BlueT is a smart man, I skim through the posts and usually just read a few and his is one.
    About the post, it is going to be very difficult to OVERLAOD while you are still sore~
    WOW thanks for the kudos Hyper, same for me your post reflect tremendous knowledge.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    Well the reason why i said go ahead was because i was assuming he is still in his "sore" stage. I know if i take a break for a while ten get back in the gym, even with a full weeks rest for that muscle i am still sore, but after my workout i feel much better, then the next day i am sore again. This will last for about a month then after a day or 2 i am fine
    Ive been working out for a long time and I still get sore so if it hurts dont make it work!

It sounds like you have a protien issue up the protein and the soreness will subside.

apexed37 is offline Junior Member
    ok first of all, if the muscle is a still a little sore after 4-5 days of resting, its probably something you did wrong last chest day.. also as far as " OVER TRAINING " is concerned, myself and many others can work each body part twice a week and not over train. It all depends on your body, no one is the same, so overtraining for you, wouldnt be for me or necessarily him or anyone else.

zuke is offline Member
    man, this thread is becoming a circle jerk, can i get a hug?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    It is possible to train a sore bodypart and still progress. When you do this however, you are walking a narrow line between great gains and overtraining.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    man, this thread is becoming a circle jerk, can i get a hug?
    Sorry, you are outside the "Circle Of Trust!"

Thread Information