ltlbear is offline New Member

Glucosamine and Lifting?

I heard from a good friend that if I am on glucosamine (which I am for knee joint pain), that if I lift heavy doing Squats or Sled, then I will be damaging the bursa sack in this area of my knees and will do more damage than good. His explanation was that the glucosamine some how weakens the bursa sack, thus basically crushing it using heavy weights on the affected area. Is this true and if it is then can you only use glucosamine during a recovery period, during which you should stay off of lifting all together??

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    i have used liquid glucosamine/chrondritin and thought it helped joint pain when doing after doing heavy squats or presses.

-SHRED

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlbear
    I heard from a good friend that if I am on glucosamine (which I am for knee joint pain), that if I lift heavy doing Squats or Sled, then I will be damaging the bursa sack in this area of my knees and will do more damage than good. His explanation was that the glucosamine some how weakens the bursa sack, thus basically crushing it using heavy weights on the affected area. Is this true and if it is then can you only use glucosamine during a recovery period, during which you should stay off of lifting all together??
    I have never heard of such a thing.

So, I'm calling BS.

Only documented lab results would make me change my mind.

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    i had knee surgey ( torn ACL) and have been using glucosamine/chondroitin and i also lift heavy...no problems...it actually helps me a lot.....i think thats BS...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You're "good friend" evidently just talks outta his (__!__).

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by ltlbear

ltlbear is offline New Member
    Well, I know I'm going to keep using it, especially lifting heavy because my knees already feel a heck of a lot better.

Thread Information