apexed37 is offline Junior Member

Help With Upper Chest!

how can i get this to explode? its lagging my shoulders and lower chest are too big for my upper chest and its pissing me off, i do my incline and stuff but to no avail, HELP!

Heavy incline first thing on your chest day. Thats what works for me. I really don't care for benching much. I care more for going heavy incline as for the biggest part of your chest is the top. I used to have the same problem.

apexed37 is offline Junior Member
    thx i will try this on friday, incline barbell/dumbell/flies?

InclineBB/bench/incline flys yup.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, and do the barbell bench presses first because they add the most mass.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Incline db flyes/bench have put some mass in my chest when it was lacking. I notice a major increase as compared to BB incline.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Cant beat the bb incline IMO there is nothing better for upper chest. But I also do both I switch every week to a diffirent lift first. for example one week ill do incline bb first, then db incline ect.... That way I keep em guessing, dont want them getting comfortable.

FIRST- Deffinently start with incline db or bb.
    SECOND -do flat bench db or bb.
    THIRD -incline flys and really focus on the stretch and the squeez.
    Fourth - finish up with cable crossovers follwed directly with push-ups till failure. Doing the cc followed with pushups will give you a bad ass pump and they burn like a mofo.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    A trick that helped me with upper chest development was decreasing the angle on seated shoulder presses. Instead of your bench being perfectly upright, decline it take so you can recruit some your upper pecs. This would be used on seated barbell or db shoulder presses.

pimp is offline Junior Member
    So its better to perform incline bench first then go to flat bench....?...why..?

mamias20918756 is offline Associate Member
    cause u can't lift heavy in incline (trust me u need to go heavy to add some serious mass in ur upper chest), if u start with flat bench, that's cause u got a litle tired going heavy in flat bench.

Flexor is offline Banned
    If you want a bigger upper chest, work your lower chest. Take a look at the pic in the link, the lower pec accounts for the majority of the upper pec, save for the thin band at the top connected to the medial half of the clavicle. Incline will only work the thin band at the top, it will not build the rest of the upper part which is still the lower chest and runs all the way up the sternum. The upper pec does not attach to the sternum!!

http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/PectoralisSternal.html

anabolicarms is offline Associate Member
    yeah but on that pic, the top portion is that band, so therefore wouldn't you want to do incline?!

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicarms
    yeah but on that pic, the top portion is that band, so therefore wouldn't you want to do incline?!
    Only if that is the part that is lacking. Many people will do incline even if the area that is lacking is still part of the lower pec. It will not help them, that is my point. Basic genetic shape cannot be overcome

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    make sure your form is good and push the weight with your chest not your shoulders.... when you bring the bar down keep your shoulders back and chest up

yom
    yom is offline Associate Member
    i havent been able to do bench press , dumbells execises or incline bench press due to a annoying left shoulder.

my chest seems to be okay but dont care to much for it as i see my body as a overall.

do you think my chest would be lagging with this workout ?
    is there something i could do to help?

flys x 3 sets 8reps
    seated cable bench press , hands vertical , x3 sets 8 reps fail
    cable crossovers 3ssets x 8 reps fail
    one arm crossover starting from my hip up upward movement x 3 set x8 rep

Grizzly420 is offline Associate Member
    4 sets heavy incline then do 2 sets only going half way down, then go right to front military at a very slight incline so that your can just rest your head back and the bar clears your chin, then go to behind the head military, all on the smith machine this will absolutely kill upper chest and delt together and to me getting th front delts and upper chest pumped at the same time makes your chest look MASSIVE. just my opinion

Thread Information