What do you think of this routine?

Ok, I'm currently cycling 75mg eod tren , 100mg eod EQ, 100mg ed prop, 25 mcg/day T3, and clen on and off. I have roughly 4 weeks left on my cycle. My old routine just wasnt cutting it anymore, overtraining way too much and feeling too exhausted throughout the days(almost got fired from my job) So I've come up with a new plan, where the goal is to stay conditioned and lean with slow increase in quality muscle and strength, even during PCT I hope, as I plan on runniong some IGF-1, slin, and maybe more clen. This is what I've come up with to a T, let me know what you think.

Mon- Chest/tri's

Decline db presses(supinated grip) 4 sets of 10,8,8,6

Hammer strength flat bench machine, 3-4 sets of 10,8,6,6

incline db press(supinated grip) 3 sets of 10,8,8,6

Either 2 sets of pec deck flys or 2 sets of weighted dips

Overhead tricep ext with ez curl bar, 3 sets of 10,8,8

Tri pressdowns alternating btwn straight bar and V bar eo wk, 3-4 sets of 12,10,8(8)

Tues- 40 min cardio routine and resistance ab day(situps with plate behind my head) 4 sets of steep decline situps, followed by 4 sets of hanging leg raise

Wed- bi
    bi's/back(note:eo wk I switch as to wehter starting bi's first or back, if it's bi's I start first I'll go heavy fewer reps, then lighter with back, vice versa. Also, I'm only deadlifting eo wk, days I deadlift I go lighter with rows, days I go heavy with rows, I dont deadlift))

barbell curls, 4 sets of 10,10,8,8(eo wk I'll bring the rep scheme to 15,12,12,10)

hammer curls 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps

wide grip pullups, 3-4 sets of 10-12

barbell rows- 3 sets of 6-8

note: eo wk when I deadlift I will 1 -2 warm up sets followed by 3 sets of 8,6,4, usually ending at around 520lbs or so)

eo wk I'll also do reverse pec deck fly's, 2 sets of 15

Thur- Cardio and "rep ab day" I'll go for higher reps with the abs with no resistance on this day

Fri- Legs/traps

3-4 sets of heavy shrugs

1 warm up set of squats followed by 4 sets of 10 currently
    leg ext, 4 sets of 12-15

leg curls(seated on hammer strength machine) 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps
    seated calve raises(note: eo wk I switch btwn seated and standing) 4-5 sets of 15-20

Sat- cardio/abs(resistance ab day)

Sun-off

Mon- start again with day 1

The goal of the program is to shock the body into better growth/muscle retention with eod being only an abs/cardio day and improved recovery time. The diet is tight with only a couple cheat meals/wk. The reason why I dont have shoulders listed as part of my routine is because my shoulders are so genetically sick I dont have to train them at all and they grow like a weed. This is more of like a priority program focused to mainly bring up the bigger points such as chest, quads, back, while at the same time keeping the detail through the cardio/abs eod. What do you think?

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    I like it I might choose a few diffirent workouts and lower the reps and up the weight but other that I could see how this could work.
    I like the idea on abs. Have you been doing this or did you just start?

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    pretty good.

make sure you hit chest and back before arms on that same day because you don't want arm strength to be a limiting factor in your chest/lat workouts. and i would drop the resistance training for abs- you don't want abdominal mass- you want abdominal conditioning. but if you are an athlete at a high level, it's okay because it means greater core strength. for abs i do hanging leg raises and crunches as my base. those are the two most important, especially hanging leg raises.

for the chest/tri day i would skip the decline bench and use incline and flat bench presses with free weights as the basis, along with weighted dips, and then either the hammer strength or pec deck as your finisher. dips are a mass movement and shouldn't be considered interchangeable with the pec deck, and hammer strength bench presses are a finisher and keep the pump as opposed to building pure mass like free weights (or if you're injured). i would prefer the hammer strength flat bench over the pec deck also.

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    I wouldnt do bi's first on back/bi day ever. If you go heavy and get a good back workout, you bi's should be worked, then you can finish them off with some direct sets, by doing bi's first, i think it takes alot away from your back workout imo, esepcially since back is a much larer group then biceps

Quote Originally Posted by DaGCHILD
    I wouldnt do bi's first on back/bi day ever. If you go heavy and get a good back workout, you bi's should be worked, then you can finish them off with some direct sets, by doing bi's first, i think it takes alot away from your back workout imo, esepcially since back is a much larer group then biceps
    I can certainly understand where your coming from, but my back is one of my best parts and extremely massive for my stature. I feel the biceps are falling behind a little so this is my only reason for starting with the bi's every other week. It's hard getting used to the idea of hitting back with bi's at all as I've never done it before and one always takes away greatly from the other. I've been doing this routine for about 2 weeks now. I was trying to figure out a way to be productive in the gym, stay lean and hard while growing gradula quality muscle, and most importantly, have some type of life outside the gym!!! The program has really worked quite well, I have energy up the ass come weight days. I finally deadlifted 525 for 5 a couple days ago, this is a new best record and the greatest part about it is I'm cutting and on low calories!!!! I couldnt even deadlift this last winter when I was 25 lbs heavier and bulking.

Thread Information