TheGun is offline New Member

Max OT from AST any good?

I wonder if The Max-OT Training Course from AST is any good? Will i gain quik mass if i train like this? Of course i eat alot of protein and carb. my weight is 93 kg and iam 190cm my bf% cant messure... but low

mesomorph is offline Associate Member
    I think so. It is a very sound, basic, periodized program. The volume is great, not crazy, like many .....

Seems like "good old fashion lifting methods" unless you understand all of the modern subtle ideas that have been added to it.

Well thought out.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mesomorph
    I think so. It is a very sound, basic, periodized program. The volume is great, not crazy, like many .....

Seems like "good old fashion lifting methods" unless you understand all of the modern subtle ideas that have been added to it.

Well thought out.

how is it a periodized program???
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 04-16-2005 at 05:39 PM.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGun
    I wonder if The Max-OT Training Course from AST is any good? Will i gain quik mass if i train like this? Of course i eat alot of protein and carb. my weight is 93 kg and iam 190cm my bf% cant messure... but low

yes it does work...

this program is all about the basics, which has never failed bodybuilding yet! i think that is the problem with working out now, people try to make lifting to complicated with all of these different kinds of training methods. Sure for a nice shock it might be fine but i find the old fashion style works great! lift heavy, sleep, eat.... in a nutshell that is....

mesomorph is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    how is it a periodized program???
    Well perhaps I am using that a little too loosely. Since I guess most of the time it is either the rep scheme, heavy/light, core strength/plyometric phases... that get cycled, where he just changes around basic exercises every few weeks to hit the body parts differently.

But I have also seen where the results of his own testing were listed in articles where I would guess it was his own crew that described it in there as a periodized program.

Thread Information