Link910 is offline New Member

Need help with my chest

I am 19 and have been lifting hard for 4 years. I don't feel as though my chest is getting bigger though. I am 5'10" 200 with about 13% bf. My diet is there.......can anyone give me advice-critique???
    I work my chest once a week

Barbell Bench-
    135-12
    185-10
    225- 6-8
    245- 3-4

Incline db
    60's-12
    70's- 10
    80's- 6-8

db flies or cabel flies 3 sets.
    hammer strength incline 2-3 sets.

I just feel like my other body parts are growing while my chest is stagnant. Thanks in advance

NightOp is offline Member
    Hmmm, you should be rotating sets and reps and even rests (between sets) every couple of weeks. The human body adapts to virtually anything you do to it (in regard to training) so the idea is to constantly be changing things up once you hit a slow spot. Diet and sleep are HUGE factors in growth as well...

I never have been a fan of the pyramiding or increasing weight while decreasing weight method, but it works great from some ppl... Whatever you do make should you are not sacrificing form for weight, that can spell the difference between success and failure.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Heavier weight...lower reps.....

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    i have the same problem bro...my chest just wont grow. the stronger i get too, it still wont grow...i gutta try sum new things also..

good luck

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    i had the same problem untill i started shocking my chest.first thing i did was work out my chest once a week, droped my reps down to 4-6 range, heavy weight of course. do some dips, decline, flyes incline,decline,flat, flat db presses (once i started doin this chest really started to grow).make sure when your using db that u get a good squeeze at the top and a good stretch at the bottom. Good Luck on your training. Peace

Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member
    For me my chest only repsonds with high reps in the 15's i feel thats my magic number. For years i would only go 6 to 8 reps that didnt crap for me. My advice is go heavy and do high reps just because your going high reps doesnt mean you have to go light weight Put enough weight that you can do 15 reps. Find out what your body responds to if higher reps work do high reps if low reps work do low reps. My problem with my chest was i was going to low on reps and after 3 years of working out my chest is finally starting to grow after i started doing higher reps. As for my other bodyparts i can do like 4 to 6 reps for my biceps and they get blasted you gotta look at all your bodyparts different, some respond to low reps some respond to high

Peace Bash

SouthbeachDreams is offline Junior Member
    I did Barbell bench, incline & decline since the begining I swithced up my routine like drop set, pyramids, rp & forced reps. None of it worked. Then I switched gyms & they had Lots of hammer strength machines. Boy let me tell you, a few months of hammer strength incline, deline, press & dipps did wonders for me. I rotated in heavy DB inclines & flyes to keep it fresh. This made my chest finally take off!

Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member
    I hear you southbeach once my gym got a couple of new hammer strength machines i tried them out and i was getting crazy pumps from them it goes to show machines work too

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    This is what I've heard and I've posted it here a few times. For most people, the magic number is 6-10 reps per set for chest. Less than 6 builds control and strength (as in stabilizing) but no size increase. More than 10 builds stamina in the muscle group. I have no proof or anything for this, but I follow it and it works for me fine. Just my 2 cents.

Thread Information