go4gold is offline Member

burning cals question.

Now i know that a pound of fat is 3500 cals, when i do cardio, i burn about 500 to 750 cals on an empty stomach in the morn, are these cals from stored fat i am burning. Also, what is a good way to figure out what your own metabolism is buring and is that also ffrom a stored fat sorce in the body. I know everyones metabolism is different, but i know their is a formula out there to help give a rough idea of what u are burning for you age, weight, and activity level. I want to average one lb a week for eight weeks. i think that is reasonable with proper diet and excercise. I just want to know that the cals i am burning are from my fat.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS.........

Quote Originally Posted by go4gold
    Now i know that a pound of fat is 3500 cals, when i do cardio, i burn about 500 to 750 cals on an empty stomach in the morn, are these cals from stored fat i am burning

DEPENDENT UPON WHAT KIND OF CARDIO YOU DO.

Also, what is a good way to figure out what your own metabolism is buring and is that also ffrom a stored fat sorce in the body. I know everyones metabolism is different, but i know their is a formula out there to help give a rough idea of what u are burning for you age, weight, and activity level.

USUALLY BODYWEIGHT X 13-14 = MAINTENANCE KCALS, OR PRETTY D*MN CLOSE

I want to average one lb a week for eight weeks. i think that is reasonable with proper diet and excercise. I just want to know that the cals i am burning are from my fat.
    If you are doing 65-75% of your MHR within 1 hour of rising, yes you are.

~SC~

go4gold is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    CAPS.........

If you are doing 65-75% of your MHR within 1 hour of rising, yes you are.

~SC~
    So the goal to burn fat is to exceed the MAINTENANCE KCALS, and what every is over that is fat burning cals potential.

Thread Information