Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Do you have one/several muscles that can handle anything?

For me its triceps and lats. Not only can they handle alot of volume. They REQUIRE it to grow. Its nuts. The best growth I ever saw in my lats was when I had a ****ed upp back and couldnt do legs because of it. So for some reason I got the idea to do lats 3 times a week instead and **** did I gain ****loads. Barbel row jumped upp 50 ibs in just a few weeks. But only did 1-2 exercises 3-5 sets each workout for back.

triceps also. Since I started westside and hitting them twice a week both times with 3-4 exercises, 3-5 sets they grow like weed. If I only train them once a week nothing happens.

I have tried HIT and DC for instance and while it makes the rest of my body grow it does nada for my lats and triceps.

Why is it like that? How can some muscles recover so much quicker then other?

I wish I could find a routine that takes into account the recovery for each of my muscles and space it out so I can get optimalt growth for each one. Chest for instance I can hit twice a week with low volume if Im carefull and only go heavy on one of the workouts. Legs I have never been able to overtrain, my shoulders gets overtrain by just grabbing a weight and biceps I cant even figure out.

Also my lower back seems to cope with anything. I can do different kinds of deadlifts/goodmornings along with hypers twice a week without a problem. I might be constantly sore but that is the only way for me to gain strenght in deadlift. when I only hit lowerback once a week my deadlift strenght drops like a rock

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Also my lower back seems to cope with anything. I can do different kinds of deadlifts/goodmornings along with hypers twice a week without a problem. I might be constantly sore but that is the only way for me to gain strenght in deadlift. when I only hit lowerback once a week my deadlift strenght drops like a rock
    **** man, more power to ya bro. If I do deadlifts more than once a week I'm drained. Just once a week drains me enough,hahahhaha. I think they call them deadlifts because the next day your dead at work. I just do them every other week now, my deadlifts are so intense I cannot do them with heavy rown on the same day anymore, its just too taxing on my energy levels and recovery. I'd give anything to be able to hit them like you!!!

Deadlift doesnt tax me like that. Dont get me wrong I get tired. But I find them not 1/10 as horrible as squats for some reason. Maby becuase I love deadlifts.

But I dont do regular deadlifts twice a week. I might do rack pulls on monday and romanian deadlifts on thursday.
    Or conventional pulls on monday and box deadlifts on thursday ect. When I work them heavy I never do more then 2 sets to failure(and maby 6-7 sets not to failure, westside way of ramping upp the weight), when working them lighter I do 4 sets to failure.

If I where to go 4 sets heavy as hell on monday and then 4 sets of high rep to failure on friday it would probably cripple me

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Deadlift doesnt tax me like that. Dont get me wrong I get tired. But I find them not 1/10 as horrible as squats for some reason. Maby becuase I love deadlifts.

But I dont do regular deadlifts twice a week. I might do rack pulls on monday and romanian deadlifts on thursday.
    Or conventional pulls on monday and box deadlifts on thursday ect. When I work them heavy I never do more then 2 sets to failure(and maby 6-7 sets not to failure, westside way of ramping upp the weight), when working them lighter I do 4 sets to failure.

If I where to go 4 sets heavy as hell on monday and then 4 sets of high rep to failure on friday it would probably cripple me
    Much easier to understand now. I'm not as familar with power programs as I should be. What other exercises do you do on your deadlift days? I do alot of other stuff, this may be the reason for being completely burned out after deads.

a typical ME squat day(the days I do heavy pulls) might look like this

1:9-12 sets of any deadlift, squat or gm variation(doing 3 reps each set increasing weight until I fail at 3 reps then I start doing 1 reps until I am at a 1rm).
    2: Usualy romanian dl, box dl, regular squat or rack gm 3-4 sets 6 reps
    3: Any hamstring exercise 4 sets 7-10 reps
    4: any leg press variation
    5: abs

My DE squat days(the explosive light days)
    1: box squats 10 sets 2 reps with 60% if 1rm weight
    2: Any deadlift variation 4 sets 8 reps
    3: Hyperexstensions 3-4 sets 6-10 reps
    4: Any hamstring or quad exercise 4 sets 12-15 reps
    5: abs

This isnt pure westside though, they almost never do quads for instance. I have modified it and made it more bodybuilding friendly

Triceps for me, the bigger guys cant believe the weight I handle with them..

Thread Information