Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Looking back when did you grow the best?

I was chatting with a buddy today talking about leg workouts. It got me thinking. When my back was ****ed(sciatic nerv) I couldnt do ANY leg exercise except squats basicly and I couldnt squat that heavy either. So I had no reason to do a legday at all in my routine. I just 2-3 days a week started workouts with 3 sets of higher rep squats with 140-150kg(315-340ibs). I never even went to failure either cause I was so carefull with my back. Stoped 1-2 reps short of failure.

During that period my quads went from beeing a poor muscle to becoming my best muscle!! One of my friends couldnt belive the awsome change it had made.

For some reason I never analysed the growth. But now it got me thinking. How the **** could get grow that good and how could I implement it again. I guess I could look at my training log and do the exact same workouts for a while and se what results I get since I remember I gained ****loads on lats to.

But what can be the reasoning behind that growth? I had no variation for legs(only squats same depth and basicly same reps), I didnt increase the weight. I only gained a bit of rep strenght but nothing special. Still they grew and grew and grew.

Do you have a special time period where you grew very good, maby just one bodypart or maby the entire body What did you do during that time period that was different from what you regulary do?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    anavar /dbol /test cycle.......... blew me up...... big strength.. few sides..

great cycle..

strength gains kept.. lost 3% bf........
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I was hoping more a breakdown on how your routine differed from regular ect. The best gains I have ever had was when I did my first cycle but that I dont count since I could have been doing anything in the gym and still grow lol especialy with the 8k kcal/day

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    I gained best when ever I ate the best. Here recently I have slacked up on eating and my gains slowed down alot. I still do the same routine as before but the weight has stopped coming. I continue to get stronger so I figure as soon as I start eating good agian,today being my first day back on that, I will start gaining weight again.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    for me i grew teh best in my first year of training as i think will be the case for most people. My current routein is working really well for me too.

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    My legs have been getting strong too the last 6 months. I went from leg pressing 12 (45lb plates) to 20 (45lb plates) in 6 months. I have 2 herniated disks in my lower back so squats are out of my workouts. When my legs are around 35" or bigger I will be happy, I think. ha!

I'm not complaining

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    first 6 months of lifting period!

Iowa is offline Banned
    When I started doing deadlifts and squats regularly

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    I am growing the best right now, I completely changed my diet over, tons of chicken brown rice, vegetables, and whey protein shakes. Also have been striving for the wonderful 8 hours of sleep a night. I haven't changed my supplements around at all, and I have never done a cycle, waiting for the right time, I will post some pics later and see if you guys think I have a good enough base to start a cycle.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAndromeda73
    I am growing the best right now, I completely changed my diet over, tons of chicken brown rice, vegetables, and whey protein shakes. Also have been striving for the wonderful 8 hours of sleep a night. I haven't changed my supplements around at all, and I have never done a cycle, waiting for the right time, I will post some pics later and see if you guys think I have a good enough base to start a cycle.

Good for you bro. I love when I'm completly focused on my diet. I get such good results.
    Keep it up and keep us up dated.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Im growing my best now, no breaks for a long time, good training routine/diet no gear been natural for 4 ys...

Sammy1980 is offline Junior Member
    i was growing best, when i was training 3 days a week and didnt stress much or think about training too much.

Thread Information