joedirt is offline New Member

Question I need some general info...

I started doing some dumbell exercises about 4 months ago. I've tried different exercisesto see what would produce the best results. I've basically ended up with a very defined chest, decent bi-ceps, and no tri-ceps or forearms. I recently started going to the gym, and I was wondering what would be good for building my triceps and forearms, also my shoulders. I am very small for my height. I'm 6'00" tall, and I weigh around 134 lbs. There's very little fat on me, I just need to build muscle. Also, will ab workouts make my waist larger or smaller. I have a 29 inch waist so I can't afford to lose much. Sorry this is such a broad question. I'm just trying to decide where to start with everything. Actually, one more thing. How many days should I wait after working one muscle group before working that same one again? Any advice is much appreciated.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt
    I'm 6'00" tall, and I weigh around 134 lbs.
    Hope you're hungry.

bk2718 is offline Junior Member
    http://www.eas.com/training/animations.asp Check out this site....they show some basic ways to train your arms. Try some of them out and see if they work. I heard from a lot of people on this board that you must eat a lot inorder to gain muscle. So eat ever 3 hours or so...but not bad food, try to follow a diet. Also add protein shakes to your diet too, this will also help to build muscle.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt
    I started doing some dumbell exercises about 4 months ago. I've tried different exercisesto see what would produce the best results. I've basically ended up with a very defined chest, decent bi-ceps, and no tri-ceps or forearms. I recently started going to the gym, and I was wondering what would be good for building my triceps and forearms, also my shoulders. I am very small for my height. I'm 6'00" tall, and I weigh around 134 lbs. There's very little fat on me, I just need to build muscle. Also, will ab workouts make my waist larger or smaller. I have a 29 inch waist so I can't afford to lose much. Sorry this is such a broad question. I'm just trying to decide where to start with everything. Actually, one more thing. How many days should I wait after working one muscle group before working that same one again? Any advice is much appreciated.
    1. Post you current workout in the workout forum.
    2. Post your diet in the Diet forum
    3. search this site for workout programs. First go to the search button, then type in the muscle group you are interested in, and click on the search Tab.
    4. After that read every thread you can stand to read about each muscle group.
    5. Read all the stickys in every forum you are in before posting any questions.
    6. Check out the workout forum there is a poll going on right now on off days that should give you a general idea.
    7. Repeat #1 and #2

After all of this you should be ready to build all the muscle you want.
    Good luck buddy.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    First welcome. I will answer you in broad terms only not specifics. Working your abs with fat or without is required. Your core strength is vital for the recommended compound lifts you need. Squats, deads, bench. However, do not do these so early as injury can happen. If you can get a PT too help you. Start off with machines for a few months ,then free weights. Work only one body part per workout but really blast it from all angles. Some muscles you can workout twice a week but others perhaps only once. It depends on how effective your workout was and your nutritional requirements and how your body responds. I would suggest you buy a subscription to a few magazines and start reading. Remember, post nutrition IMMEDIATLEY after a workout is PARAMOUNT and in your case it can be some fats too. Just make sure you have protein and carbs.

joedirt is offline New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've increased the protein in my diet, and I've been exercising each muscles group once a week. My shirts have started fitting tighter, and I have gained between 10 and 5 lbs. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bk2718

Great stuff. I just sent this to my gF.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    Close grip bench and laying french press (with E-Z curl bar) are really good for tri's, I also like behind the head iso tri press with a dumbell, I do one arm at a time. For forearms I usually add about 4-5 sets wrist curls to the end of my work outs almost everyday except arm day. Hope this helps.

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    you will have to do more than just lift you will have to eat a crap load and i dont mean just protien juset eat and eat and eat everything in site make sure you get plenty of sleep and try take a supplement such as creatine or DHEA or something to that effect and it should have you gain some size do more heavy weights and stay away from the machines as much try sticking with more bar bell excersizes rather than dumbells for size because im sure thats what you are kinda searchigng for but ya do that and it will help you alot! !! good luck dude!

Thread Information