Is it normal to ever feel slight tension in the delts even on bicep movements?

First off, my form is perfect on ever bicep move I do except cheat curls which are only done on occasion. When I'm doign straight bar curls I tend to feel tension in my shoulders sometimes, probably from twisting my arms upside down to grip the bar. It's like a twisting burning sensation when I hold the bar throughout my set. Even with perfect form it always seems to happen, normal?

Aboot is offline Banned
    Yes, it is normal. You are probably subconsciously flexing them. Not a big deal unless it is negatively affecting your sets.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    You might be going to heavy. Try to focus more on your bi's. If you feel it in your delts you might be sacraficing gains. Try to make you bicept hold the weight the whole time. If you have to drop some weight to get to good form.

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    First off, my form is perfect on ever bicep move I do except cheat curls which are only done on occasion. When I'm doign straight bar curls I tend to feel tension in my shoulders sometimes, probably from twisting my arms upside down to grip the bar. It's like a twisting burning sensation when I hold the bar throughout my set. Even with perfect form it always seems to happen, normal?
    it is normal. your delts are tense because they are required to stabilize your shoulder joint during the movement. the reason they burn may be because they are fatigued from the current days exercise or recovering from a previous days workout.

i sometimes get very bad burning pain in my shoulder during a bicep workout because ive developed a bit of chronic burcitius, so i stay away from that combo. it seems though that your issue is not as serious.
    Last edited by bmg; 04-20-2005 at 04:50 PM.

Thread Information