Thread: lowerback

bigdogc is offline Associate Member

lowerback

hello everyone, i have been training for a long time but recently started to follow the instructions of people on here. im doing lowerback/abs tommorow, it will be the first day to ever spend 45-60minutes on just those. my question is what should i be doing? all i can come up with is a bunch of dead lifts (5sets) with longer breaks inbetween and another back exercise used on an ab machine (dont know name). i guess my question is, what else should i do other than dead lifts? and what style dead lifts should i do?

Sammy1980 is offline Junior Member
    hyperextensions, good mornings..do reg deadlift and straight legged deadlifts for hams and lower back...but dont do all this at the same time..if you do some heavy reg deadlifts you dont need anymore direct lower back exercises that week.

tommorow will be the first time to hit lowerback in a couple months.. i know i was stupid. but i wasnt that serious. do you know any good websites that show good form of dead lifts? i rarely ever did them.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I wouldn't have just a lower back/abs day. Work your lower back on back day. Deadlifts, Bent Rows, Hyperextensions, etc, all work your lower back. Then put abs on another bodypart day. Seems like a waste to me, unless you have a really really weak core, then it is fine.

i hit lowerback really well today, i did 6 sets on dead lift into failure. my back is hurting right now but thats okay! im happy i got it all down. i also threw in some powercleans. instead of having a lowerback/abs day could i put them with back/bis and have 2 leg days instead?

Thread Information