SVT THIS is offline New Member

My routine for MASS-opinions?

Ok everyone, I am 19 years old, 205lbs, probably 20-27% bodyfat. I have been lifting for about a month. Used to lift a lot in H.S but quit my Freshman year of college. Anyways, I want to get freakishly huge-this is what I do.

Monday
    Barbell Flat Bench Press-5x5
    Barbell Incline Press-5x5
    Barbell Dumbell Press-5x5
    Dumbbell Butterfly Press-5x5
    Dumbbell Pec Press-5x5
    Wide Grip Pull Ups-5x5
    Wide Grip Lat Bar-5x5
    Horizontal Grip Row Machine-5x5

Tuesday
    Barbell Preacher Curl-5x5
    Barbell Preacher Reverse Curl-5x5
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl-5x5
    Dumbbell Curl-5x5
    Chin-ups-5x5
    Dips-5x5
    Bent-over reverse tricep curl-5x5
    Tricep Rope (on the lat bar)-5x5
    Seated tricep machine-5x5
    Shoulder seated forward lifts-5x5
    Shoulder side lifts-5x5
    Military press-5x5
    Shrugs-5x5

Wednesday
    Off

Thursday
    Same as Monday

Friday
    Same as Tuesday

On all these days I am running 2 miles.

I usually do not eat untill noon. Then I have a can of tuna and a Lean Pocket. I have a protein shake (40g) right after lifting. I usually go to Subway and get one of their health subs. I know my diet is bad. If you all could give me some tips on my routine that would be great, I will search these boards for the nutrition section and post my question on my diet there. Hows my routine look? Suggestions please!

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    absolutely horrible training routine...WAAAAY too many exercise......you're overtraining......you're not giving your body sufficient amounts of rest.......and i see NO legs exercises in there. If you want to get big, you HAVE to train your legs bro.......

running 2 miles a day isnt the best thing for putting on mass either

train each boypart once a week.....stick to heavy compound movements (squats, deadlifts, rows, and bench). im gonna go out on a limb and say your diet is completely horrible as well.....stick around, read the boards and you'll find out whats the best thing to do....

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    and 20-27% bodyfat at 205??? are you like 5'3"???

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    bro, i wouldnt do that workout (is that arnolds workout from flex) but you look like you are just getting started working out. Read and ponder these forums for hours and you well find some very useful advice. Use the search forum option to the top right of the board. I can search for anything you want.

As bad as that routine is. I'd make sure I knew how to eat before anything else. I wouldn't suggest that routine to anyone. As the others have said. Search button it. There is no substitute for a sound diet. Training only stimulates muscle. Especially if your trying to put on mass.

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    There is no substitute for a sound diet. Training only stimulates muscle. Especially if your trying to put on mass.
    Nice! Couldn't have said it any better

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Caps & Bold

Quote Originally Posted by SVT THIS
    Ok everyone, I am 19 years old, 205lbs, probably 20-27%HAVE IT CHECKED, THAT IS A BIG DIFFERENCE. . . bodyfat. I have been lifting for about a monthYOU HAVE NO BASE, NO NEUROMUSCULAR ADAPTATION, . Used to lift a lot in H.S but quit my Freshman year of collegeALREADY QUIT ONCE, THAT DOESN'T HELP . Anyways, I want to get freakishly hugeYOU'LL NEVER BE WITH YOUR CURRENT TRAINING AND DIET! -this is what I do.

Monday
    Dumbbell Pec Press-5x5
    25 SETS FOR CHEST AND BEEN LIFTING FOR A MONTH, HOW'S THAT WORKING? LMAO
    Wide Grip Pull Ups-5x5
    Wide Grip Lat Bar-5x5
    FINISH OFF 25 SETS OF CHEST W/ 15 SETS OF BACK, WOW!!

Tuesday
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl-5x5
    Dumbbell Curl-5x5
    NOTHING LIKE WORKING BICEPS THE DAY AFTER BACK, THEY SHOULD BE REALLY RECOVERED! !!20 SETS!!
    Chin-ups-5x5
    WORKING BACK TWO DAYS IN A ROW, RESEARCH. IT IS CALLED RECOVERY. . .
    Dips-5x5
    Shoulder side lifts-5x5
    Military press-5x5
    Shrugs-5x5
    AGAIN, NOTHING LIKE WORKING SHOULDERS AND TRI'S THE DAY AFTER A 25 SET CHEST WORKOUT!! WTF IS A TRICEP CURL??
    Wednesday
    Off

Thursday
    Same as Monday

Friday
    Same as Tuesday

WHEN?? IF YOU ARE DOING IT AFTER WEIGHTS, WELL, THAT'S NOT GOOD. ALSO, RUNNING IS NOT COMPLIMENTARY TO BECOMING FREAKISHLY HUGE, SOME MODERATE AM CARDIO IS FINE.
    I usually do not eat untill noon.YOU SHOULD SEE THE PROBLEM HERE. YOU NEED TO FEED THE MACHINE EVERY COUPLE HOURS TO GROW Then I have a can of tuna and a Lean Pocket. I have a protein shake (40g) right after lifting.WHERE'S THE DEXTROSE FOR GLYCOGEN REPLENSIHMENT? I usually go to Subway and get one of their health subs. I know my diet is bad.YES MY FRIEND, IT IS!!! If you all could give me some tips on my routine that would be greatDO MORE SEARCHES AND DEVELOP A DIFFERENT SPLIT, DIFFERENT EXERCISE SELECTION, DIFFERENT VOLUME, FREQUENCY, INTENSITY, REDO IT ALL , I will search these boards for the nutrition section and post my question on my diet there. Hows my routine look?THE WORST I HAVE SEEN ON HERE IN A LONG LONG TIME. . . KEEP UTILIZING THE SEARCH BUTTON Suggestions please!

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT THIS
    Ok everyone, I am 19 years old, 205lbs, probably 20-27% bodyfat. I have been lifting for about a month. Used to lift a lot in H.S but quit my Freshman year of college. Anyways, I want to get freakishly huge-this is what I do.

Monday
    Dumbbell Pec Press-5x5
    Wide Grip Pull Ups-5x5
    Wide Grip Lat Bar-5x5

Tuesday
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl-5x5
    Dumbbell Curl-5x5
    Chin-ups-5x5
    Dips-5x5
    Shoulder side lifts-5x5
    Military press-5x5
    Shrugs-5x5

Wednesday
    Off

Thursday
    Same as Monday

Friday
    Same as Tuesday

This is what your split looks like.
    Chest/Back
    Bis/Back(chins)/Tris/Shoulders

You are over training so bad. But dont get discouraged just listen to everyone in here. You will be able to tell the one who really have some knowledge in lifting.

This is a simple and effective split:
    Chest/Tri
    Back/Bi
    off
    Legs
    Shoulders/Traps
    off
    off or you can start over agian. But being as you are just getting back into it I would say rest then start agin on monday.

Since you are going for mass yous set and rep range should look like this here: You should do 6-9 sets for upper . For your lower body do 12-15 sets. The rep range for upper body is from 10-6. For lower body it is 15-8. These are not text book numbers but if you stay in this range of reps and set you should be fine.

Now for your lifts, Dont even worry about those pretty movements. Focus on the heavy compound movements. Example: Chest/Tri

Incline barbell
    flat bench barbell
    Incline flys
    Decline barbell

Skull Crushers
    Close grip Bench
    French Presses or dips

I usually do not eat untill noon. Then I have a can of tuna and a Lean Pocket. I have a protein shake (40g) right after lifting. I usually go to Subway and get one of their health subs. I know my diet is bad. If you all could give me some tips on my routine that would be great, I will search these boards for the nutrition section and post my question on my diet there. Hows my routine look? Suggestions please!
    Now for your cardio and diet.

If you da cardio it should be in the morning on an empty stomach. At about 65% to 75% of MHR. This is a brisk walk with arms pumping.
    Your diet is Key here in loosing all the fat you have and keeping what muscle you have. You should be eating 6 to 7 meals a day. With proper protein,fat and carbs at the right time. The amount of protien you need is 1.5 times your body weight divide that number by 6 or 7 and you will get the amount of protein for each meal. For fat you can eat PB of take flax. For carbs you should keep them low considering all the fat you have. Once you loose the fat then you can up them.

Sorry bro got to go to work I could go on for hours at this. This will give you some where to start. Read your ass off. Read as many big threads as you can. Swole has a good thread for bis and tris. Blown sc always post some good stuff. There are to many to name but like I said you can tell who knows there ****. im prettty much on point here some of the other bros will have many opinions. Listen to all and get your self a workout and diet.

Have you ever heard the saying "Less is more, and more is less" this definently pertains to lifting in the early stages, i.e. one month. I would keep the sets to about 9-12 per body part, and the time to about 1 - 1 1/4 hours. Throw some legs in there with at least 2 days off per week (yes that means do nothing... maybe cardio)

Thread Information