TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member

body fat and progress

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Creatine and steroids can give false higher body fat readings to those electronic fat testers. I dont think you are under 10% but not over 15% either. Remember 15% is considered by military to be "ideal" body fat. It is no way fat, it is no way makes you a walking skeleton. Nothing wrong with being between 10 and 15% body fat. Especially because being under 10% is BAD for muscle growth and is a catabolic condition for your body to be in.
    i've never heard this before? is this a scientific fact? im just curious because i stay anywhere from 4.5-6% naturally. does this in fact impede my strength/explosion building process?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Too low bf is not healthy. It varies from person to person at what level. I think one should be above 7% for health reasons. Strength is less the lower the bf but explosiveness if I understand you may be negatively effected.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Genetics. . .
    If you are not doing anything detrimental (drugs, diuretics, etc.,) then you have nothing to worry about with your low/lean bodyfat percent. His last statement about being under 10% is catabolic, well, he might have read that in the National Inquirer!!!

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    His last statement about being under 10% is catabolic, well, he might have read that in the National Inquirer!!!
    Thats funny

Thread Information