JimbeauxLSUgrad is offline New Member

Arrow Former athlete, cancer survivor

Hey guys,

I have been reading the post on this web site for the last couple of years, but never have joined. I am a former college athlete (baseball) and a cancer survivor. Over the last few years I have let my body go to poop due to lack of motivation and laziness. I am not afraid to admit it, but I am down right lazy at times.

I had a very successful college career in baseball and was even drafted to play pro ball after my junior year in college at a Div. I school. I decided not to go pro because I wanted to finish my education and go to medical school to be a doctor. Midway through my senior year of college, I was diagnosed with cancer. This was during the fall semester/spring semester break.

All during my treatment period, which just so happened to be my final year of playing ball, I made every baseball game except one. I did not play in all of them, but atleast I was there in spirit and on the bench. My body went through a lot of changes during this period of time. Before getting sick I was weighing 205 standing 6'1'' tall with less than 6% body fat. Right now I weigh 190 lbs. with somewhere between 15-20% body fat.

Every day I look in the mirror, I ask myself, "how did I let myself get like this." My body is by no means really bad off, but comparing to what I used to be like, in my mind it is. I do not like what I see!

The main reason why I am not in the gym as much now is the fact that I am not as motivated as I was when I play ball and due to the fact of my crazy work schedule. I work from 7:30 pm to 3:45 am Friday - Tuesday. I am off on Wednesdays and Thursdays. With this work schedule it is really tough to get in the gym and even tougher to find a work out partner.

Even though I have been able to motivate 100s of others, the one person that I can not motivate is myself at the moment in my life. I am asking that any of you that can help lift me up, please do so. I really need your help right now.

I have never done 'roids' and really want to stay natural, but I have to turn to you guys to help me because I have no other resources to go to. Please help me return to what I used to be and better. I want to look in the mirror and smile because I like what I see. I used to be able to do that, now I can't.

Your help is greatly appreciated...Please pass my story on to anyone that can help

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I edited your e-mail addy because I am not sure what it is that you are asking? I don't want people flooding your e-mail w/weird steroid offers and things of that nature, even though you stated you are to remain natural.

I know LSU pretty well, my Mom went there and I was going to play football there, but messed up my ankle back in the day.

One thing I can say is this:

YOUR DESIRE TO CHANGE MUST BE GREATER THAN YOUR DESIRE TO STAY THE SAME.

People can support you and encourage you, but only YOU can make it happen.

~SC~

Thread Information