terbo16 is offline Junior Member

HELP??Cardio BOOT CAMP style?? Trying not to lose MUSCLE!!!

HELP??Cardio BOOT CAMP style?? Trying not to lose MUSCLE!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Here to the board, THANKS IN ADVANCE for your replys!! Im going to boot camp in August and i need to get in shape. Im 240 lbs 6'1, 27 yrs old. Over the years i have built up a decent frame but now im overweight. Two years ago I stopped working out for the first time in my life since i was 15, and started working a desk job. I went from 205 lean muscle to a fat 240 now. I started back up bout a month ago and i have shed 7 lbs(mostly water) and def noticed some gains as far as muscle goes(thak god 4 muscle memory). My question is this.. Im goin to boot camp so i need to start running about 10 miles a week to prepare.. 2 miles 5x a week. Starting in mid june Im going to be following a Navy Seals routine i found on line @ navyseals.com, check it out..very intense!!. Untill then im just going to be doing a normal workout with free weights at my local gym plus the 2 miles a day 3-5x a week. Im going to be doing a bulking diet that consists of 4000 cals a day @ 40/40/20 ratio carb/pro/fat. I would prefer to do the running in the morning after my morning shake consisting of creatine whey and oats.

my qustions are this:
    1. Do i need a pwo type shake after my running session in the am similar to tha of my weight training pwo.. Malto/ dex and whey. or can i just eat my breakfast that consists of 8 eggwhites 4 pieces whole wheat toast cottage cheese and banana, and if running in am and workout in pm does that mean 2 pwo shakes per day?????
    2.should i restrict my running to non weight training days?? I mean the goal is to get the endurance and stamina up for boot camp. i will be training full body 2-3x a week all supersets, nonstop circuit training type workouts.
    3. I also have always believed in weight training 1st and low intensity cardio(crosstrainer at 65% targt hr)cardio pwo for optimal fat burning effects. But in this case where the amount of running and the intensity of the running is high, also not wanting to lose muscle i felt the need to do it seperate from my workout completely. Should i be thinking this way or should i just do the running after my workouts prior to my pwo shake.???

REMEMBER THE GOAL HERE IS ENDURANCE/STAMINA WITHOUT SHRINKING TO A MEASLY 185lbs.. Iknow i kinda want my cake and eat it to ... but im sure there is an optimal way to go about these things.. AGAIN THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ AND REPLY!!!!!!

someone??......anyone???

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    1 - You can do either of the 2 options. Some people say it's better to eat real food first thing in the morning but I see nothing wrong with the shake. And yes, it would mean two shakes in the day.

2 - Doesn't matter. Just make sure you have about 3 meals in between. (Cardio first thing in the morning, weight training later in the afternoon.)

3 - Don't run after your workouts. (See answer #2)

thanks rex

heres the link to the navy seals routine if anyone is interested... i will be following this 6-8 weeks b4 i go
    http://www.navyseals.com/community/n...rkout_main.cfm

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    as far as PT is concerned, youll be doing alot of running and ruckmarches

itd help a little more if you told us what country & service

for example, if your joining the Canadian Navy, i would suggest you set yourself up on a program to get OUT-of-shape as soon as possable

well i dint post the service or country for a reason.....if u notice it says BOOT CAMP "STYLE" not boot camp.....lets just say its not the good kind of boot camp....lol....

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    ... right...

well anyways, I did Infantry Battleschool a few years ago, like i said, its alot of running, ruckmarches etc. you dont get alot of personal time, and the time you do get it often spent getting your kit & quarters ready for inspection the next morning

allthough their is ALOT of physical stress, theirs equally if not more mental stress - good luck on it

I would suggest a program that requires cardio EVERYDAY, atleast 20 minutes

good luck

thanks GQ

Thread Information