Thread: I'm so confused

Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member

I'm so confused

I used to pretty much work chest, back,bi's, shoulders, tri's twice a week, with legs once a week. Then everyone started telling me I'm over training. So now I'm doing one muscle, once a week and just pounding it that day. Now I'm readying a lot of people working both muscles twice a week again.... Guess I'm going to this once a week thing for 2 or so months, then go back and forth.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Have you noticed any differences in gains or lack of gains b/w the 2 methods?

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Everyone is different. I prefer to do one muscle group per week, six days a week.
    If you feel you are recovered and rested enough to workout each body part twice a week, then by all means go for it. Just remember you grow while you rest...

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    one bodypart a week is great because its not only convenient, but IMO works just as well, if not better, than twice a week.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Many varibles here. Twice a week may be fine for some others not. Generally, smaller parts may be worked twice and large once. Body type and composition ie. %fast/slow twitched fibers plays a role too. Bottom line is if you have any soreness what so ever then do not train it. Your body will speak to you if you listen and understand what it is saying!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I see no better results doing anything 2 times per week as opposed to 1 time.

If anything it works better w/longer rest periods because as you grow bigger, you need more time to recover! (more muscle = more recovery time)

~SC~

Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah..... I guess it's just so many ways to lift, and then I read so many routines...I'm just worried about getting the most gains, and then I get confused about what to do.Thanks for all the post. I'm going to stick with once a week, but go intense as I can...

JdJuicer: I've haven't tried the once a week. I've been doing twice a week for a long time. Guess its time to do something different anyways.

Thread Information