Hans is offline Associate Member

Bad knees and leg day

Bros...Got a cartilage problem, miniscus, tendon, something, happens in both knees ever since my 1st cycle doing 1,000 lbs of macho mistake sets on the machine (sled) where you sit down and push forward with my skinny chicken legs and AAS attitude and superman stength. So now it's 5 yrs later and i'm suffering doing basic leg movements. Wouldn't dare squat, just use that machine as outlined above with 250 lbs or less, leg extensions, and lying and sitting leg curls for hams. Weak workout but it's something and adds up to 15 sets, 5 sets each of anywhere btw 8 & 25 reps on a real energy day. My concern is my knees giving out again to the point where I can't walk for 2 months like last summer and always in excruciating pain. Any suggestions as to a "rehab" type workout that will at least give me tone and possibly some size without placing too much stress on my knees? Besides a routine, thought Glutamine or Glucosamine or something like that is supposed to be good, of course Deca is good, for cartilage/joints!? Replies needed please.

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Man it sounds like you should get it checked out? However if you are going to continue to lift stick with closed chain actions (squats,leg press) because open chain exercise such as leg ext. are some of the last thing you want to do if you are having knee trouble.

Hans is offline Associate Member
    Hmmmm. The opposite of what you wrote applied to me, today was leg day, when I did leg presses (sled) I felt pressure in my knees and just went slower with less weight, seemed to help me complete my sets. As for the leg ext, I didn't feel any pressure on the knees at all and felt ok to increase weight. Ham curls (both sitting and lying) also no pressure on either knee, so I was able to increase weight. Regardless, you're right, should get it checked out, but too stubborn to take time to hear bad news, stupid is the word, I said it first. Regardless, could use some more input bros....

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Interesting usually the other way around. However the leg ext is one of the last exercises that you take on after a knee reconstruction(ACL,MCL,etc) to due signficant pressure that applied to the knee. Once again man i can't stress enough if its some thing the is hindering the things you enjoy doing I would find out what the cause was.

Thread Information