SayHelotomylilFriend is offline Associate Member

Who can I trust ??? 600$ seems not to be enought

Hi all.

I will try to make it short. one years ago I was subsribing to my gym. (Nautilus Plus). I did not know anything in bodybuilding at all. They concinced me to buy their package. a 600$ package called "Body for life".

P.S
    at the moment I'm 100% natural. I plan to start my first roids cycles soon.
    Specs as of April 2005:
    Sex: Male
    weight: 160 pounds - 72.6 kg
    height: 1.83 meters
    Supplement intake: Protain-Glutamine

Over the last year, I gained lots of muscle definition, but I gained no weight at all, I stayed the same weight of 160 pounds. However, my body was lots more muscle defined. They knew my goal was to gain lots and lots of mass.. not cutting...
    So recently, I really started doubting of their "real" intention on my follow up or even their "knowledge" in bodybuilding. So I started reading lots and lots of bodyduidling boards and discovered how bad my workout was...
    I was overtraining BIG TIME. That's why I was not gaining more weight, I was just "cutting".

Here's the last workout they gave me (I did it, but now I know it was bull****):

Workout Goal: Mass Gain
    2-days split workout (about 1h30 to 1h45 per workout)
    Routine: 6 days ON, 1 day OFF

Now, April 2005, 1 years after trusting these bastards, I know they did not care one cent of what were my goals. I read lots of these boards and came up changing my workout. Here's how it looks now. Please comment and critic it. Is it overtraining or undertraining ? etc...
    (Remember, I will be 100% natural while doing this wokrout... I will review my workout maybe once I get on cycle):

Workout Goal: Mass Gain
    4-days split workout (about 45min per workout)
    Routine: 2 days ON, 1 day OFF

Is 2 days ON, 1 day off is Under-training ?
    maybe I should do 3 days ON, 1 day Off.
    Anyway please comment this new workout please !!

(pay attention as if you would review YOUR own workout, and your MASS Gain success would depend on it)

Hope to hear from you all soon !

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    the 1st workout plan was garbage. you seem to have made some good changes though to yours.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    well, lets see the diet routine you follow...

like ... how much protein/carbs/fats

that you take in, these are the things that make you grow and add muscle..

Pwo meal
    ppwo meal

and the other 4-5 meals..

so list those..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yeah if you didn't gain weight your diet probably sucks... even with a $hitty workout like that first one lol

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Second workout looks great. Go with either 2 on, 1 off, or 3 on 1 off etc. Break it up. I would rest between back and leg day.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    well, lets see the diet routine you follow...

like ... how much protein/carbs/fats

that you take in, these are the things that make you grow and add muscle..

Pwo meal
    ppwo meal

and the other 4-5 meals..

so list those..

My diet is mainly made of high protein, low carb and low fat.
    I don't calculate all the nutriment intakes but I gennerally eat 3-4 meals of good quality. (However, I think I should eat more and add more fat in my diet... should I ?)

yes I do eat a meal from 1h00 to 30 min before my workout.

But my main worry is to know if would be Under-Training with this second workout.. I did overtraining for many month and would hate to go from overtraining to undertraining.. I look for the "just fine" or even "perfect" workout.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Eat more red meat. Dont worry too much about the lean (chicken tuna) proteins. Carbs and red meat will help the bulk
    I was also under the impression that lots of protein and working out would get bulk. Almost the opposite of what I needed. I needed more bulky rich foods with higher weights and less rep workouts.

As for your question of 2 on 1 off routine. That answer will vary with lots of people.

The 2 main routines are 3 on 1 off. and 1 on 1 off. Basically, you can workout the same body part 2x a week vs 1 time a week.
    It all depends on how extreme your workout is.

Me personally Once at 160 for the longest time. I do 3 on 1 off. But the second part of the week is more of a maintainance workout. Small exercises that I missed.
    Like chest. I would do push ups til failure instead of the bench press.

thanks all. I was also wondering if adding this would make my pec and tricieps overtrained ?:
    Pec Pushup 2 x max
    Triceps: Pushdown 3 x 10

thanks

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Do push ups on a totally different day as a maintainance. Put your feet up on a counter for incline push ups. They work great. Keep hands close together to hit inner chest that you cant hit during regular bench.

The tri push downs: 3x10. That is why you are getting cut. Those numbers are for cutting. Try 5 sets with 6 reps using heavier weights.

In fact. I hope ALL your exercises are at least 5 sets and nothing higher than 8 reps.
    3 sets is like a warm up. Increase it.

arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    If you are just starting out, you don't want to take juice right off the bat. YOu should deff. wait a few years to develop a great base and further expand your knowledge of working out, diet, etc....than if you decide to juice than you can make that decision.

Shay-d is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldwannab
    If you are just starting out, you don't want to take juice right off the bat. YOu should deff. wait a few years to develop a great base and further expand your knowledge of working out, diet, etc....than if you decide to juice than you can make that decision.
    Thats perfect. I've only been in it for a little over a year and stuff like this makes more and more sense to me every day.

And yeah, I agree... the second workout looks ALOT better than the first. The only thing is, I dont like working tri's with the pecs...the tri's get too worn out with chest exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Do push ups on a totally different day as a maintainance. Put your feet up on a counter for incline push ups. They work great. Keep hands close together to hit inner chest that you cant hit during regular bench.

The tri push downs: 3x10. That is why you are getting cut. Those numbers are for cutting. Try 5 sets with 6 reps using heavier weights.

In fact. I hope ALL your exercises are at least 5 sets and nothing higher than 8 reps.
    3 sets is like a warm up. Increase it.

I just added Pushup 2 x max at the end of Day 3 and I changed most 3 x 8 series to 4 x 8 series. Would this be overtraining ?

Thread Information