ajew is offline New Member

Geting big or geting those 6 pack

My friend keeps telling me I should be doing more ab exsercises but I dont really see the point as wouldnt it casue probelms with building of mass. I've noticed that when id o alot of abs that my stomach becomes wider. Is this a bad thing bsc I dont find women with wide stomachs that sexy

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    abs are solely to impress all the lil girlies that see the 140lbs abercrombie models with a 6 pack and think it looks good....dont get me wrong, yes they are important for overall strength and its good to keep them strong, but u wont find me doing countless situps or cardio for a visible 6 pack. being able to look big wearing normal clothes (having mass) is wayyyy more impressive to me then having a little 6 pack when u pull up ur shirt

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    yea your right D, i am totally committed to being big and massive to satisfy myself, but i also want to impress the girlies with the 6 pack so i keep it there.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

call me a pussy

but i like my abs....core strength is still important in major lifts. i'm all for putting on size, but compliment is with the total package. IMO great abs show attention to detail in a physique. never seen a guy onstage with no abs.

Darkness is offline Member
    Big is what its all about, abs only are for sissies that cant put on mass!

like?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    Big is what its all about, abs only are for sissies that cant put on mass!
    you mean every professional ifbb bodybuilder on the planet?those pussies?you're right, those tiny pussies have no mass

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    but i like my abs....core strength is still important in major lifts. i'm all for putting on size, but compliment is with the total package. IMO great abs show attention to detail in a physique. never seen a guy onstage with no abs.
    abs are good, and ur rite they definitely do compliment overall physique, the thing i dont understand are the people that only concentrate on their abs that weigh 145lbs, and hardly put any effort into the rest of their body....but i dont know i guess everybody just has different goals

i know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    abs are good, and ur rite they definitely do compliment overall physique, the thing i dont understand are the people that only concentrate on their abs that weigh 145lbs, and hardly put any effort into the rest of their body....but i dont know i guess everybody just has different goals
    the idea is the have a complete physique.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    guys are more impressed by mass and girls are more impressed by definition.... Why would you care about impressing guys??? j/k that is what all my friends tell me b/c they are just little guys. I laugh when i am getting all the girls... But i admit that i do get more when i am in the single digit bodyfat..

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Girls dig abs

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    You have to have muscle mass first or else you have nothing to "cut"

There is a time for fat gain (caloric excess to gain muscle) and there is a time for fat loss (cutting, maintaining muscle)

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    couldn't agree more

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    Ive had the same problem, i want mass and ive been going for mass but my abs suck! i want to get nice abs but dont know what to do, im scared if i try cutting and try to get abs, ima lose a lot of mass that ive gained, any suggestions on this? How can i keep up my mass and still get some decent looking strong abs? need advice on diet too.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    think about it like this muscle need atleast 7 days to heal why would you want to work youre abs more then other parts of youre body, work them out once a week and you should see better results

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGCHILD
    Ive had the same problem, i want mass and ive been going for mass but my abs suck! i want to get nice abs but dont know what to do, im scared if i try cutting and try to get abs, ima lose a lot of mass that ive gained, any suggestions on this? How can i keep up my mass and still get some decent looking strong abs? need advice on diet too.
    Low bodyfat is the key to seeing abs. If you're going for mass, don't worry about abs right now... I actually prefer to have a slight belly while I'm bulking, it lets me know I'm eating enough calories to be gaining muscle.

The cutting sticky has good tips on preserving muscle while cutting. Keeping protein intake up and a PWO shake with protein and dextrose are essential, as well as AM cardio (not too high of a heart rate though)

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the info

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Abs will turn an ordinary physique into an extraordinary physique. They set you apart.

Luminaire is offline Associate Member
    Hey man same prob, I want mass but I dont want to put on a lot of fat. Reasonably new product out called 'THERMOGAIN', I have it but not sure I want to use it yet but hes a big black guy and hes got a nice six pack and a ton of mass and he swears by it...you might want to check it out, muscletech product i believe

davieric is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    I have it but not sure I want to use it yet but hes a big black guy
    Why'd u have to say big "black" guy?

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Bulk during the winter, cut for the summer, in the winter u wear clothes that cover ur entire body so size is better, summer less clothes so u can cut down n get that 6 pack in shape. I am not into comps or nething so i go soley on looks, and what I feel is my best look. idk sounds superficial but **** well be getting all the ass!!!!

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Abs will turn an ordinary physique into an extraordinary physique. They set you apart.

very true! plus the ladies love it! they dont like big meat heads for the most part! i know this from experience becuase i used to be a big meat!!

Thread Information