Dizzy is offline Banned

Exclamation i can't fit workout into one hour

man...i cannot fit my workout into an hour. i am taking a 2 minute break in between sets and still cannot fit in two body parts. any suggestions? thanks in advance brothers.

2 to 3 body parts a day
    3 to 4 stets / 4 reps maximum weight

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: i can't fit workout into one hour

Originally posted by Dizzy
    man...i cannot fit my workout into an hour. i am taking a 2 minute break in between sets and still cannot fit in two body parts. any suggestions? thanks in advance brothers.

2 to 3 body parts a day
    3 to 4 stets / 4 reps maximum weight
    No problem with taking 1½ hours to workout, but anymore than that you are probably overtraining.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I really like the one part a day for 5 days, then one off. Rarely go much over an hour and still get an heck of a lot of sets in on the one body part.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    awsome...thanks for the replies.

xenithon is offline Member
    i agree with scott. I used to do 4 days a week, maybe 1 cardio, other days off. now I do 5 days a week with cardio incorporate, 2 off. normally I go 3 on 1 off 2 on one off. helps me keep the weight workout to 1hr - 1hr 15 max. cardio I dont count timewise. a bit of advice - dont always do 2 min - thats a lot. feel ur body, for example with squats, I may need 2-3 minutes between sets, but between bis/tris I may only need 1 - 1.5 min. between sets. remember to keep it intense!

Dizzy is offline Banned
    thats another thing. i don't feel the intensity i felt with only taking a minute break. thanks xen. i will take all of yalls advice and incorporate it into my workout. any more suggestions would really be appreciated as well.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I do 1 group a day..mon-chest, tues-back, wed-shoulders...etc. I keep my rest less than a minute. In that minute I stretch. Keeps my heart rate up, and I really fatigue the muscles. I lift Monday-Friday. This works for me bro.

Ironweb is offline Member
    Personally I never time my workouts. I have a routine and when I am finished I am done. If I go for time then I somehow loose my focus. My workouts range from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours depending on what I am working. Concentrate on the routine and less about time is my suggestion. JMO

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    I'm the same as Ironweb. I focus completely on exactly what I have planned as I drive to the gym. Rest 1 min or less inbetween sets...otherwise if you put a time frame on your workout you may end up cutting yourself short. and that is not a good thing.

k_dogg is offline Associate Member
    dizz i had the same prob up until recently. i was in the gym for like 2 hours at a time 5 times a week (bulking)and not knowing how the hell i could get the same amount of sets/reps in within an hour or so. i also rest for at least 2 minutes.
    i just changed my groupings around a bit. now i do each body part once a week with 2 body parts a day and 3-4 exersizes per part like you mentioned you do.
    i just changed my groupings and now im out within 1 1/4 easy.
    also you could try supersets occasionaly wich would save you time.

Squeek is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dogg
    dizz i had the same prob up until recently. i was in the gym for like 2 hours at a time 5 times a week (bulking)and not knowing how the hell i could get the same amount of sets/reps in within an hour or so. i also rest for at least 2 minutes.
    i just changed my groupings around a bit. now i do each body part once a week with 2 body parts a day and 3-4 exersizes per part like you mentioned you do.
    i just changed my groupings and now im out within 1 1/4 easy.
    also you could try supersets occasionaly wich would save you time.
    Thanks for bring up a topic 8 months old. RETARD

Quote Originally Posted by Squeek
    Thanks for bring up a topic 8 months old. RETARD
    err... nice one squeek. what topic did i bring up that is 8 months old? supersets? huh?

Squeek is offline Banned
    04-11-2002, 03:44 PM
    Post #9

Babyweight
    Female Member

Was the last time this topic was commented on. Today is 12/26/03. You must be brain dead if you can't see the connection. You brought up a useless post.

Quote Originally Posted by k_dogg
    err... nice one squeek. what topic did i bring up that is 8 months old? supersets? huh?
    tehe oh yeah sorry. i was just doing a search and found this. ill go sit in the corner now with my dunce hat

Thread Information