Ok, My training regimine is this

Day 1-chest/tris
    Day 2- abs/cardio
    Day 3- Back/biceps
    Day 4-abs/cardio
    Day 5-Legs
    Day 6-OFF
    Day 7-start over with day 1

So I really hit each muscle group once every 6 days. Now here is my question, tomm night I know I'm not going to get a whole lot of sleep, I'll be up until about 3:30 or 4am. I feel energized like a mo fo today for some reason, I feel good and strong. Would you bump your chest/tri workout a day early this week or do it on the day you know you wont get jack **** for sleep that night. I dont really think it'd be overtraining as I've only lifted weights a couple days this week already. I dont get it, hit up legs yesterday, usually feel dead the day after legs, however did carb up a little more than usual yesterday. I rarely hit a big muscle group in 2 consecutive days, but I'm just feeling good. What would you do?

bump

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I Dont think it could hurt if its a once in a blue moon thing!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    if their is nothing sore in your upper body try it. i however would not do it hte day after legs. but considering hte circumstances, go for it. try it out, if you are a lil weaker, just dont get down on yourself and dont do it again. regardless if it works out ok, i personally wouldnt make a habbit out of it. i am just 2 beat the day after legs. thats my thinking

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    of u feel good go for it, also, where is your shoulder workout?

Quote Originally Posted by DaGCHILD
    of u feel good go for it, also, where is your shoulder workout?
    Thats a good question and this answer will probably sound ridiculous but I dont do shoulders, AT ALL. My shoulders are probably my best bodypart and the genetically most prone to grow. I feel as if all my chest movements hit my shoulders good enough that doing them only overtrains them. I have switched from all barbell work to db's because of my shoulders wanting to take on the movement and my chest has grown like a weed. I occasionally do lateral raises maybe eo wk or something, but no shoulder presses. Oh yeah, I also shrug on leg day sometimes.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Thats a good question and this answer will probably sound ridiculous but I dont do shoulders, AT ALL. My shoulders are probably my best bodypart and the genetically most prone to grow. I feel as if all my chest movements hit my shoulders good enough that doing them only overtrains them. I have switched from all barbell work to db's because of my shoulders wanting to take on the movement and my chest has grown like a weed. I occasionally do lateral raises maybe eo wk or something, but no shoulder presses. Oh yeah, I also shrug on leg day sometimes.
    when you b.b press, do you squeeze your shoulder blades together and push the back of your shoulders down against the bench? and do you use a grip so that your forearms form 90 degree angles with your upper arms, and are your elbows in or out when you b.b bench?

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    I would hit em anyways. Its not going to be overtraining if im understanding you right.
    Since you are not going to get much sleep then eat your ass off while your up. To make up for the missed sleep. But also think you should not make a habit of it. Sleep is key to building muscle. I just think it would be better than missing your workout all together.

Thread Information