Straight bar curls
    Hammer curls
    Skulls
    Close-grip bench
    Pushdowns

Legs
    Squats 10x10
    straight leg calf raises 5x10

I'm using periodization so my reps range from 12-4 on all bodyparts except legs!

my problem ive been having is that when it comes time to hit shoulders, they're still a bit sore from chest, not alot but a decent amount, and it's not that my shoulders are taking over too much becuase i able to isolate my chest very good, my question is since muscle dont know weight but only stress induced on the muscle, should i jsut add shoulders in with chest and move my back workout to another day so instead of my shoudlers getting hit basically 3 times per week there only getting hit 2 (1 directly and 1 indirectly) is this a good idea or will this make my delts lag even more??? what's weird about this is that my strength on the delt exercises are going up slightly but no growth at all...
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 04-30-2005 at 04:15 PM.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    get rid of shoulder day and put like 2 shoulder excercises on chest day since you arent doing tri's w/ em

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    get rid of shoulder day and put like 2 shoulder excercises on chest day since you arent doing tri's w/ em

so you really believe this will solve the problem, and add size to my delts???
    also which exercises would you pick to do???

my work out partner suffered from aedeltia means with out Delts... he had 1 .. his front from bench and that was it. mind you he traind 5-6 days a week even hammered shoulder day.. HARD this kid was an aminal in training couldnt resist working out. well it turned out, yes im a detective, that he was overtraining. we incorperated isolated bent over lateral raises for rear delt on back day and we did regular lateral raises on chest day w/ a slight lean forward.. *PERKASETS JUST KICKED IN* and then to finish it i would do front plate raises 2 sets of 20 second holds u know hold a plate at 10 and 2 out infrton of you keep straight up arms slightly bent and HOLD IT it rapes my side and rear delts when i hold it infront of me and slightly shrug my shoulders. Play w/ it its more about just contracting the muscle on your own first then once u feel it then let the plate apply the resistance.

really eh, so did his delts start growing after he started doing this???? also should i take pressing right out of the picture becuase it's my medial delts that are lagging, i dont have the shoulder width that im after....????

i would and yes he sprouted his first rear delt about a month ago .. i was so proud of him.. too bad he sux w/ women and itsnt very smart or he would be a cool dood to hang out w/ ><

cool man this is my new day1 then...

incline bench
    flat db press
    incline flyes
    upright rows
    seated laterals

and rears on back day!

hey tai would taking shoulder presses out of the picture make my shoulder mass atrohy at all??? or slow up gains???

Thread Information