Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Jantzen4k's Avatar
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    $ Make The World Go Round
    Posts
    3,388

    Back & Bi's Question

    Ive been out for around 2 weeks since (a) I had my wisdom teeth pulled &


    (b) I had some interviews and went to fla.


    anyway i did back & bi's today; usually do them seperately.


    i could barely do bis. My forearms were KILLING me.


    does this happen to you guys who do back&bis on same day???


    for back I did:
    deads
    t-bar row
    barbell row
    pullups (1 set burnout)

    bis:
    preacher
    hammer curl
    dumbell curl


    thanks for help!

  2. #2
    TheDfromGC's Avatar
    TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    a building
    Posts
    2,040
    killing u in terms of what??? i know for me they will get very pumped almost to the point its painful but i can work through it. back exercises pretty much always involve forearm/bicep work, so if its too much just keep the back/bis on separate days

  3. #3
    Jantzen4k's Avatar
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    $ Make The World Go Round
    Posts
    3,388
    my forearms were in such pain it hurt to do curls and whatnot.


    any advice?

  4. #4
    getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,220
    yea i do back/bi's and traps on the same day. By the time i get to traps i can't hardly hold onto the DBs for shrugs.

  5. #5
    SayHelotomylilFriend is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    203
    my new workout is indeed back - bi - forearms
    I think it's nice to do forearm on this day so they get pumped to max without being hurted again in another workout's day.

    Back and Biceps is really demanding but I think it's a good mix

  6. #6
    Soldier of Misfortune's Avatar
    Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,459
    I get that when I lift bis heavy. Its similar to tendonitis in your lower leg, its meerly the muscle separating from the bone, which isnt good. It is also too much stress on the radius and ulna when you anchor your elbow on the preacher bench, it feels like your bones will snap. I fixed it by not doin preachers but cable curls instead and liftin slightly lighter wieght till I built up more strength.

  7. #7
    needmorestrength's Avatar
    needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    7,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    I get that when I lift bis heavy. Its similar to tendonitis in your lower leg, its meerly the muscle separating from the bone, which isnt good. It is also too much stress on the radius and ulna when you anchor your elbow on the preacher bench, it feels like your bones will snap. I fixed it by not doin preachers but cable curls instead and liftin slightly lighter wieght till I built up more strength.

  8. #8
    HOLLYWOOD's Avatar
    HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    I get that when I lift bis heavy. Its similar to tendonitis in your lower leg, its meerly the muscle separating from the bone, which isnt good. It is also too much stress on the radius and ulna when you anchor your elbow on the preacher bench, it feels like your bones will snap. I fixed it by not doin preachers but cable curls instead and liftin slightly lighter wieght till I built up more strength.

    msucle isnt connected to the bone, and second you'd kow if you this was happening!

  9. #9
    HOLLYWOOD's Avatar
    HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    Ive been out for around 2 weeks since (a) I had my wisdom teeth pulled &


    (b) I had some interviews and went to fla.


    anyway i did back & bi's today; usually do them seperately.


    i could barely do bis. My forearms were KILLING me.


    does this happen to you guys who do back&bis on same day???


    for back I did:
    deads
    t-bar row
    barbell row
    pullups (1 set burnout)

    bis:
    preacher
    hammer curl
    dumbell curl


    thanks for help!

    your forearms simply arent use to the stress of this workout, it'll pass as they adapt!

  10. #10
    yerg is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    361
    My forearms feel like "shin splints" do. Its from preachers, but Ive never felt like this. This is my first cycle so I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I am lifting a lot more weight now.

  11. #11
    HOLLYWOOD's Avatar
    HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by yerg
    My forearms feel like "shin splints" do. Its from preachers, but Ive never felt like this. This is my first cycle so I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I am lifting a lot more weight now.

    that too, it;'ll go away i had the same thing!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •