kikiboi is offline Junior Member

needs some help for my girlfriend....

i am not sure what she might need to do? my girlfriend kind of has a weird body type, (not to be rude) she is skinny in her abdominals but has some chubby arms and kind of big legs. they are not huge, but with her arms, her triceps are just like dangling. she has been doing dips and tricep extension, and leg presses for her legs, and lots of cardio. but still no results with her tri's and legs, but maintains nice abdominals.

what can or what is she doing wrong?

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    she might just carry fat easily in those areas, diet and cardio are the only thing to do. and of course a work out routine. whats her diet/cardio like?

well she does cardio 3 to 4 times a week at about 40 min at around 70% of mhr. diet, she just trys not to eat much, i tell her all the time to try to eat 6 times, but she always tells me she is not hungry. i love her dearly, i just wish she would eat more sometimes haha. but not like a pig obvioiusly haha.

anybody, i would just like some ideas on what she can do differently?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by kikiboi
    well she does cardio 3 to 4 times a week at about 40 min at around 70% of mhr. diet, she just trys not to eat much, i tell her all the time to try to eat 6 times, but she always tells me she is not hungry. i love her dearly, i just wish she would eat more sometimes haha. but not like a pig obvioiusly haha.
    I work with a female who complains about same problem: legs and arms are too big but her stomach remains flat. They are genetically prone to fat in these areas. Something can be done though. My co-worker will not eat throughout the whole day and then have something to eat for supper. Ask her how effective her diet is, currently. Her response will set her up to eat more frequently throughout the day. She really doesn't have to take in more calories, just spread her current calories throughout the day in small meals. Diet is the most important aspect to her goals.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    On the other three days during the week, try to get her to do some strength training. When she loses the weight from proper nutritional habits, she will need strength training to maintain muscle tissue. We've all seen what people look like when they lose weight by cardio and nutrition alone: sickly.

thank you for that info.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    My feeling is that her visible abs are a product of a low calorie diet. Her big legs are prolly down to bone structure and her dangly tri's down to poor form or lack of effort.

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    dude,jus make sure she eats good and does cardio,it could be some shitty genetics but ive seen some pretty thick chicks look good after jus dieting rite.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by diponyou
    dude,jus make sure she eats good and does cardio,it could be some shitty genetics but ive seen some pretty thick chicks look good after jus dieting rite.
    this is true i meet a 200lb woman who got a trainer and nutrionist and leaned down to 99lbs and did a figuer show so if she can do any one can do it..

Mizfit is offline Banned
    does she weight train at all?

yup.

oneluckymonkey is offline New Member
    cardio should really hit it........ anyways, does she do sports?
    I knew several swimmer girls with bigger shoulders and arms than a ton of boys out there. They were just thick arms and legs but they had great abs.
    Anyways, i don't think its anything to be really worried about. I would recommend that she not weight train but continue her cardio. Anyone who does 10miles a day has to see results. Also, don't jog it, run it!
    there is no such thing as toning, muscles only get moredefined by getting bigger. Thats y bb do tons of diff machines with their free weights, in order to hit small and obscure muscle groups.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oneluckymonkey
    cardio should really hit it........ anyways, does she do sports?
    I knew several swimmer girls with bigger shoulders and arms than a ton of boys out there. They were just thick arms and legs but they had great abs.
    Anyways, i don't think its anything to be really worried about. I would recommend that she not weight train but continue her cardio. Anyone who does 10miles a day has to see results. Also, don't jog it, run it!
    there is no such thing as toning, muscles only get moredefined by getting bigger. Thats y bb do tons of diff machines with their free weights, in order to hit small and obscure muscle groups.
    I disagree. Everyone should do some sort of weight training. Make sure her form is good and she's working hard. Weight training in my opinion is just as important as cardio in losing a couple extra pounds but nothing is more important than a great eating plan.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I recommend that she DOES WEIGHT-TRAIN w/out a doubt!! The benefits of this training coupled with diet/cardio are plentiful, and one can attain his/her fat loss goals FAR quicker and have a much better BODY COMPOSITION in terms of the end result. In addition, more lean mass means a FASTER metabolism and the ability to be able to eat a bit more "freely" once the desired results are obtained.
    Merely dieting and doing cardio does NOTHING to encourage lean mass to be preserved, and does absolutely nothing in hopes of attaining lean mass.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 09-21-2005 at 09:03 PM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i am not sure what she might need to do? my girlfriend kind of has a weird body type, (not to be rude) she is skinny in her abdominals but has some chubby arms and kind of big legs. they are not huge, but with her arms, her triceps are just like dangling. she has been doing dips and tricep extension, and leg presses for her legs, and lots of cardio. but still no results with her tri's and legs, but maintains nice abdominals.

what can or what is she doing wrong?
    just like everyone..

what is her food consuptioin (diet) like??/

he body is predisposed to collect fat in those areas..

and her body keeps going into starvation mode..

read the sticky.. cutting.. it works for women..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information