Thread: Chest Help

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member

Chest Help

i was wondering how can i get my chest to be more closer togather in the middle,there is a gap

my routine looks like this
    4sets FLAT BENCH
    4sets INCLINE
    4sets Decline
    2sets DB FLYES

any suggestions for the inner pecs in the middle to come closer,i used to do Machine PEC DECK and i think it worked better......any suggestions?/
    cable cross overs????

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Is it the same the whole way up, or do you have it closer at the bottom then at the middle and top. It's all in the angles. My lower chest is solid because I used to work out at home on a machine built for average height people and it hit my lower chest only so now I am really hitting the inclines hard. I use the pec dec over dumbells but switcing back and forth every once and a while might be best. I am no expert so maybe someone else has better advise.

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    add close-grip bench to your tricep workout, great exercise for the middle chest area...

thx ,its the lower middle

what u guys think of decline?

metzger66 is offline Associate Member

decline

I was always told that decline gives you tits...

metzger66

#)$)(_#$

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Some of my older friends, late 30's, early 40's will not do decline for that reason. They figure hit the upper and mid hard because if they build up the lower its gonna sag more when they get older. Everybody seems to drop the decline at some point but I still do them. Probably depends a lot on genetics, how long your chest is and its shape.

NightOp is offline Member
    i got the same prob doofy... search for a post called "chest shape"... the best suggestions were for cable crossovers. Flys work ok, but they also work the outer too much for me, so i don't do them. I would drop the decline if i were you and start doing cable crossovers and pinch and hold your pecs together at the peak of contraction to get the inside burning... Also db pullovers are supposed to somehow hit inner chest...

yah i noticed that with DB pullover thx,......but when i hit AS should i replace crossovers with DB flyes again? since i am goin for mass?

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I always do chest dips they always feel good and they stretch out your chest .

okay guys, i hate to throw wrench into all this so to speak, but i just dug something up that i've heard before and I would like to know what everyone thinks about this (and yes it pertains to this thread)...

"MYTH 1. Specific portions of a muscle can be trained

The gist of this myth goes something like this, "You can hit the lower portion of your pecs with decline presses." Any statement similar to this is pure B.S. The implication is that doing decline presses will make the lower portion of your pecs larger. This is physiologically impossible. The pectoralis major are the two muscles that we commonly refer to as the chest. There are also the pectoralis minor which runs underneath the upper portion of the major. The pectoralis major, when stimulated with exercise and allowed to recover will grow. It will grow as a whole (as with all muscles), not in sections. So doing an incline, decline, or flat bench press will not make your pectoralis major grow in different fashions. The shape of your muscle is genetically determined by its origin and insertion points and no training will change this. If individual muscle cells (within a specific fiber type) grew at different rates you would have very lumpy muscles. Think about it! When selecting an exercise for a specific muscle, you should pick the one that most closely mimics the muscle's primary function (i.e. the pectoralis major's primary function is to pull the arm across the chest and downward--- so a decline press would be best amongst the presses). Another important factor in exercise selection is your own anatomy, the length of your bones and where your muscles insert and originate. Through experimentation, most experienced lifters learn which exercises work best for them. "

I don't buy it because if it was true than how is it that some people get the split between the upper and lower pec from doing decline and incline but no flat...

here is a longer thread about it> http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...st+AND+isolate

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    DOOFy...Here's an exercise you could try. I do these during the summer when I'm trying to get more definition. Do your regular flat flys except when you reach the top turn your dumbells sideways and cross them past each other slightly. Be sure to flex hard at the top as you cross them. Also be sure to use less weight then you would normally. For example if you normally use 40s instead use 25-30s. This exercise does'nt require alot of weight. This may help you fill in the inner part of your chest. Good luck.

thx ironmike,

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    weighted dips really filled in the inner upper part of my chest.

bump for any thoughts on my last few posts... also, http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html has a bunch of good info on exercises for the chest.

thx for the site:0

Thread Information