Thread: Cardio Question

joeybenz is offline Associate Member

Cardio Question

Whats up guys? My question is that I workout with weights and I love the results that I'm getting but I want to start getting into cardio due to the fact that I'm going to be in fire dept. soon but I don't want to over due cardio and lose muscle. How can I avoid that? How many days a week should I do it. I can't do cardio in morning so when should I do cardio? After my workout or like 1-2 hour after workout routine. And I was talking to a guy in the gym and he said to me that I should walk at a steady pace like 4.5mph or 5.5 is that accurate?

thanks for the info guys

my stats are I'm 5'9 185lbs(don't want to lose any weight)

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    are you soley trying to improve your cardio vascular system, not losing fat?

i'd like to lose alittle fat on my stomach but mainly for cardio vascular for the fire department

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry bro I'll have to let someone else answer not a 100% sure, I'll try n find out for ya tomorrow if nobody's got ya

thanks alot bro

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Do it a few hrs after if you wanna keep the size as long as you maintain a good diet with the rite amount of carbs protein and EFA's you wont sacrafice muscle you drop a few pounds but you will look a whole lot better more lean and vascular and you will be more mobile for the FF department considering it is your job you whant to be good at it. In your case i would probly ride a stationary bike or run the treadmill or maybe even use the stairstepper all these will increase your cardio performance and burn fat try to do it 2-3 times a week you gotta understand that you must do alot of cardio to start dropping muscle size unless you deplet calories from ur diet. Since you will be doing this a few hrs after you lift i would eat a meal after lifting instead of a PWO shake maybe take down a chicken breat with brownrice or oatmeal and a few Veggies then wait 2 hrs and hit the cardio i wish i could pull 2 a days but the gym is to far away for me to do that with these freaking gas prices.

I'm going to give it a try and see how it works. thanks

Thread Information