bigdogc is offline Associate Member

looking good but not performing well

hey guys, ive been following a great bulking diet and working out with pure intensity. anyway, im lifting straight heavy sets (4 reps max) for compound movements. so my bench just keeps getting weaker and weaker. i used to be able to rep 225 twice without help. now i cant do 205 twice without help. but at the same time ive gained almost 10 pounds and not only look stronger, i still feel stronger. do you think my muscle are just getting tired? i work out chest every 6th day, but i keep getting weaker for some reason. WTF mate?

Change it up, it depends on how long you have been doing the same workout for. You might consider more resting time/ or just taking a week off, you would be surprised. I actually felt myself getting bigger, while my strength increased in a one week break.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    The 10lbs is mostly fat & water, your increased of strength is placebo, your lifting less because you are overtraining and you were not prepared for the HIT type training.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    to many posibiliteis need more info...
    diet/ workout routeins / workout times / amount of sleep / body comp
    i would say you shud try for more than 3-4 reps i would do 5-8 in all honesty i notice better bulking gains when i atleast do 5 reps
    also your form might be sucking, your lifting motion is probably too fast would be a main thought.. momentium doing work for you.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    to many posibiliteis need more info...
    diet/ workout routeins / workout times / amount of sleep / body comp
    i would say you shud try for more than 3-4 reps i would do 5-8 in all honesty i notice better bulking gains when i atleast do 5 reps
    also your form might be sucking, your lifting motion is probably too fast would be a main thought.. momentium doing work for you.

another great reply Tai.

Another possibility is reduced cardiovascular/neuromuscular output due to his recent weight-gain.

My question to him would be: "have you noticed any changes in breathing (more laboured etc)?"

yes very tired in workouts. and i think the momentum theory could explain a lot of this

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i think its gotta be diet, you probally need more carbs due to youre heavier weight

im doing 400pro 287~ carb and 150fat. all low GI carbs except PWO (Dex)... im at like 180 pounds and i know that it says not to have more than 2gpro/pound.. maybe this has somethign to do with it?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    another great reply Tai.

Another possibility is reduced cardiovascular/neuromuscular output due to his recent weight-gain.

My question to him would be: "have you noticed any changes in breathing (more laboured etc)?"
    ha are you implying he is eating too much baking soda and has high blood pressure?

Thread Information