szav is offline Junior Member

Need Advice on Routine.

I currently workout 3 days a week.

My Routine:

Mon- Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
    Wed-Legs/calves
    Fri-Back/Bi's

I want to put some more mass on my shoulders. My shoulders are lagging just little in proportion to my chest, back, arms and I would like to bring them out more. I need some suggestions on shoulder workout routines ideas or even a new complete workout routine. I have a friend of mine that suggested this routine:

Mon-Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's
    Wed-Legs/calves
    Fri-Chest/back

His routine looks ok, but I am wanting more suggestions.

My stats:
    5'8", 182lbs., 10%bf.

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    i personally don't work tri's and chest the same day...because you use a lot of tri's when benching....I usually work all arms the same day...

Do you workout your shoulders on arm day?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    first routine is perfect because if you hit tri's more than once a week you can risk Overtraining them and stunting their growth thus its better to get all coinciding muscle groups in one day. i really like the lay out on first one
    but add Shruts and some trap/rhombus work on back day and Deadlift is a must.
    Incorp abs on leg day because you use alot of abductors/adductors in ab work as you do in squats along w/ iliopsas and other stabilizing secondary muscles so its just great warm up to leg day is maybe 6 sets of ab work 3 sort of crunchs or something and 3 sets leg raises or something.
    if your still new / small you dont need 7 days to recover but say maybe 6, so you can do
    day 1Chst/Tri/Shld
    rest
    day3Lgs/Calv/Abs
    rest
    day 5 Bk/Bi/Trps
    rest
    repeat day 1! Try it. It might work Chst/tri/shldr!

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    No I workout chest on monday's and friday's because that is what I need to work on the most.. so I work forearms, bi's, tri's on tuesday...I work legs on wednesday, and shoulders and back on thursday....then legs again on sat....sunday off.....I work legs twice a week because my legs are also a week point....

just because you need it the most doesnt mean you should work it out the most
    it takes a MINIMUM of 5-days usually for a muscle to Heal and if you work it during its recovery phase you do Way more harm than good... and this can be extremely detrimental to muscle growth but oh well...

I appreciate the suggestions.

Taiboxa,
    I also like the first workout routine. I have been on this routine for the last 10 months and works really well for me. I still need to put more mass on my shoulders though. I usually workout chest first then shoulders and tri's on Mondays. I thought about changing this to working shoulders first then chest and tri's. Just till my shoulders catch up. What would you suggest?

nope shoulders are best last i do them after tri's
    IMO
    besides you use massive amounts of front delts on all presses, just focus on good solid form on your LATERALS for shoulder real slow maybe a few Holds at the peak.
    on back day maybe do some serious rear delt work.

Thread Information