the most brutal bicep workout I have ever done last night!!!

Well last night at the gym was just plain BRUTAL. I met my buddy halfway between our houses at a Golds, yes I drove 45 min to get a workout in with him because the guy is that good of a training buddy. Anyways, this guys arms measure around 22 1/2" lean, and he's probably at 5% bodyfat right now. The guy is just sick, put it that way. Unlike many, he responds well to high volume training, and last night he wanted to do some super high volume stuff that he does like once a month, so I figured it wouldnt hurt me as I usually never do it. Here is the hell I went through.

tricep pressdowns 4 sets of 60/15, 90/15, 110/15, 120/12
    supersetted with hammer curls 35's /15, 45's/15, 60's/12, 65's/12

Then we did the dip machine, 4 sets with stack for 15 reps(I think it was like 240lbs or something)

Now, at this point I'm feeling pretty pumped, thinking our lift is probably closing in on the end. Nope, the dude tells me"Well, lets start our lift now, enough ****ing around" WHAT!!!! The guy was just toying around?!! Oh ****, now here comes the hell.

Set of preacher curls, however 5 drops!!! We start with 135 on a straight bar, then drop to 90 lbs, 65 lbs, 40 lbs, then finally 20 lbs. Well this sick **** bangs out 25 reps with 135(I had to help him on about 6 or 7, but not much) then 15 reps with the 90 lbs, then like another 15 reps with the 65 lbs, then like another 15 reps with the 40 lbs, and 20 reps with the 20 lbs. I managed to do about 11 or 12 reps with the 135 hahahah, then 12-15 reps on each one of the other drops. By the second to last set the weight was starting to fall out of my hands and when it was all said and done I could not close my hand to make a fist! I guess when he told me"this is where the tires meet the pavement kid" he wasnt kidding, because man it sucked. Then, we move on to superman cable curls, 3 sets of 15 with 40 lbs, supersetted with barbell curls 12-15 reps/set with 40 lbs. Then it was 2 sets of db concentration curls with 25 lb dumbbells as at this point it was all I could do just to pick them up off the rack. And that was the lift. Now in most common cases, I would totally advise against this type of lifting, but I def feel as if it was a much needed shock. Went to put the strap on my arm for my MP3 today to do legs, felt much tighter around my arm than usual, still pumped maybe?? Oh yeah, and my buddy is 48 years old, twice my age, and kicks my ass every time. Jesus

sounds brutal. i think i might try this tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by fighteveryone
    sounds brutal. i think i might try this tonight.
    Well I hope your ready for a living hell bro, thats all I have to say!!!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    5% wow thats not exactly healthy
    Glad to hear it works....
    seems like when i do renegade arm work outs i get very lil or 0 growth out of them..
    last few months or so i been doing less and less for arms and they are growing more and more.. which is exactly what i suspected

SayHelotomylilFriend is offline Associate Member
    when you guys say "they are growing more and more"

do you guess that on the mirror or simply measuring it ?

Quote Originally Posted by SayHelotomylilFriend
    when you guys say "they are growing more and more"

do you guess that on the mirror or simply measuring it ?
    There is no guessing about it, I only use a tape measure to evaluate size gains, and the mirror to evaluate definition/physique changes. I wish I could post his pic up here, but I'm not sure if he'd appreciate it being put on the forum like that without permission. Again, this type of training is not a regular workout, but a shock workout. My regular bicep routine consists of only 2-3 different exercises, no more than 3-4 sets per exercise. It's been a couple days now and my bi's are still sore as hell so it must have done something.

x_rick_x is offline Junior Member
    As soon as my bicipital tendons heal up I'll try that workout.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i find that working all muscle groups heavy for 3 weeks straight then doing them lite for one week gives them a schock on my lite week i 1 exercise per muscle group that is a drop set normaly at the end did it today on Bis felt good

TimeToGetBig27 is offline Junior Member
    Sounds pretty intence, id just watch out for overdoing it.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    thats alot of work for such a small muscle, your arm is probably larger because you have caused inflammation in the muscle.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    And whats a superman curl?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Some much for bi's yet so little for tris.. wierd

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Some much for bi's yet so little for tris.. wierd
    and tris are like 66.4% bigger than bi's!

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    and tris are like 66.4% bigger than bi's!
    exactly

Thread Information