Smoke Eater is offline New Member

Help with my new training split!

I am 6’3’ 230lbs. and I have hit a wall. I am starting my virgin cycle of Test E. and Deca -Dianibol. Both are at a dose of 400mg a week. I will also take HGC in the middle of my 12 week cycle. I have done a lot of research and feel this is the way to go.

Here is what I want: I want to gain about 20-25 solid lbs. of muscle and keep a lot of my gains when I get off the gear. So I ask you guys if you will critique my split and give any pointers. I will make my workouts as intense and brutal as I physically can!!! I will also change up my routine from barbells to dumbbells every 3rd workout. I will eat like a horse and take in 1.5 grams of protein per lbs of body weight. I don’t have a problem with adding fat so I’m not to concerned with my intake, I’m pretty lean as it is.

Mon- Chest and tri
    Bench 4sets
    Incline bench 4sets
    Weighted dips 4sets
    Dumbbell flye 3-4sets
    Push downs 3sets
    Rev. Curl 3sets
    Skull crushers 3sets

Tues- Legs and Calves
    Squats 5sets
    Leg extensions 4sets
    Leg curls 4sets
    Weighted Lunges 4sets
    Calves raises 6sets

Wed- OFF

Thurs- Back and Bi
    Weighted pull-ups 4sets
    Dead lifts 4sets
    Lat pull downs 4sets
    One arm dumbbell row 4sets
    Preacher curl 3sets
    Hammer curls 3sets
    Isolation/concentration curls 3sets

Fri- Shoulders and Neck
    Military press 4sets
    DB press 4sets
    Upright rows 4sets
    Lateral raise 3sets
    DB shrugs 5sets
    Barbell shrugs 4sets

Sat- OFF
    Sun- back to chest and triceps and so on and so on!!!!
    Give me some pointers guys, I know there’s a lot of experience on this board!

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke Eater
    I am 6’3’ 230lbs. and I have hit a wall. I am starting my virgin cycle of Test E. and Deca -Dianibol. Both are at a dose of 400mg a week. I will also take HGC in the middle of my 12 week cycle. I have done a lot of research and feel this is the way to go.

Here is what I want: I want to gain about 20-25 solid lbs. of muscle and keep a lot of my gains when I get off the gear. So I ask you guys if you will critique my split and give any pointers. I will make my workouts as intense and brutal as I physically can!!! I will also change up my routine from barbells to dumbbells every 3rd workout. I will eat like a horse and take in 1.5 grams of protein per lbs of body weight. I don’t have a problem with adding fat so I’m not to concerned with my intake, I’m pretty lean as it is.

Mon- Chest and tri
    Bench 4sets
    Incline bench 4sets
    Weighted dips 4sets
    Dumbbell flye 3-4sets
    Push downs 3sets
    Rev. Curl 3sets
    Skull crushers 3sets

Tues- Legs and Calves
    Squats 5sets
    Leg extensions 4sets
    Leg curls 4sets
    Weighted Lunges 4sets
    Calves raises 6sets

Wed- OFF

Thurs- Back and Bi
    Weighted pull-ups 4sets
    Dead lifts 4sets
    Lat pull downs 4sets
    Preacher curl 3sets
    Hammer curls 3sets

Fri- Shoulders and Neck
    Military press 4sets
    DB press 4sets
    Upright rows 4sets
    Lateral raise 3sets
    DB shrugs 5sets
    Barbell shrugs 4sets

Sat- OFF

if your gonna do test & decca you should run the test 100mg higher then the decca. imo, you dont need hgc

you are doing way to many sets and exercises. imo you are overtraining on every exercise.

So I should go with 500mg test and 400mg Deca or 400mg test and 300mg Deca?

How many sets and exercises should I scale back too? 12-15 sets per major body part and 8-9 on minor ones?

Why not HGC? Can you elaborate for me please? I thought HGC would help me produce my own testosterone once I get off the gear.

I’ve read a lot about pyramiding my cycle but I’ve also read that I should just go in full blast. What do you think?

Please responded back, I’m going to start this on Monday and I’m still up in the air about it.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive never done juice, so not sure if the workout should be the same on or off roids. Id go with 1 on 1 off routine, i have recently switched n it has worked wonders.

Comeon guys, help me out here and give me some input. I really want to do it right the first time.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    well im not going to lie that regiment has many flaws in it and even w/ juice your periodization and routein should be the SAME.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    First im going to say and this is something YOU SHOULD LIVE BY...
    "ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU LIFT but HOW YOU LIFT."
    Slow constant motion, Proper form, and ample negatives...

whats rep scheme? i would rec about 6-10 reps personally EVEN for mass on most movments this way you get to incorp you secondary movers and more stabilizers as your primary movers fatigue.. more muscles involved means more size and growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke Eater

Mon- Chest and tri
    Bench 4sets
    Incline bench 4sets
    Do Flys here and use Dips as a transition into tricepts.
    Weighted dips 4sets
    Dumbbell flye 3-4sets
    Push downs 3sets
    Rev. Curl 3sets
    Skull crushers 3sets <-- My fav for mass.
    Omit 2 Tri Excercises no need for 9 sets at all ESPECIALLY if you doing DIPS which is a Tri Exc in my opin.

Tues- Legs and Calves
    i personally use leg ext and curls to PreExhaust and warm up entire legs for squats... remember cold muscles are WEAK MUSCLES
    Squats 5sets
    Leg extensions 4sets
    Leg curls 4sets
    Weighted Lunges 4sets after 5 sets of squats i would cut this to 3 sets
    Calves raises 6sets

Wed- OFF

Thurs- Back and Bi
    Weighted pull-ups 4sets
    Dead lifts 4sets
    Lat pull downs 4sets this is redundent as to pullups.. pick one
    Preacher curl 3sets
    Hammer curls 3sets
    WAY TOO MUCH CURLAGE.. go w/ 6 sets total IMO especially after 1arm Rows personally i would do straight bar and/or hammers for mass. or standing EZ BAR inplace of straight

Fri- Shoulders and Neck
    Military press 4sets
    DB press 4sets 2 compound motion of presses... not good pick one
    Upright rows 4sets
    Lateral raise 3sets
    DB shrugs 5sets
    Barbell shrugs 4sets why 2 shrugs? again pointless over kill

Sat- OFF
    remember.. you dont grow in the gym...

taiboxa,

Thank You so much for the input! It's always good to have someone look at a routine before you jump in head first. You had a lot of good points and I understand what you are saying. I'm going to scale back the sets alittle (not over train) and focus real hard on my diet and rest. I appreciate the input and I have one final question for you. If I'm taking Deca and Test E. what should my dosage be? remember I am starting my virgin cycle if that means anything.

Centaur is offline Junior Member
    Smoke. On your first cycle you'll want your test 100 mg more than Deca per week. I'd go 300 mg Deca and 400 mg test. You'll likely not need hcg . Just do Clomid after your cycle.

OK sounds good. how long should my cycle last. 8 weeks? 10 weeks? or 12 weeks?

10 weeks minimum. 12 would be optimal.

12weeks is what I was shooting for! Why not HGC? I need to do more research on it but doesn't it help you keep gains?

Most steroid vets are under the opinion that Clomid alone is fine for PCT and hcg is not needed. Some will disagree. Run it if you like, but watch out for Gyno. Do a search on hcg. There is tons of info on it. If you're going for 12 weeks, end your Deca on week 11, end test on week 12, then start Clomid on week 14. Run that for 3 weeks.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to do more research on HGC and Clomid. Since you seem to be knowledgeable about this kind of stuff, do you care to critique my training split please?

Overall I'd say the workout looks good. You're doing quite a bit of work so be careful not to overtrain. You might find it necessary to dump one excersice off each bodypart if you are going all balls out on your sets. The harder you work it, the fewer excersises/sets you should have to do. Just my opinion.

Thanks man!

Thread Information