Thread: need some help

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

Unhappy need some help

i was workin out out today doing my shoulders and i messed up my back somehow. i felt it after i did machine lateral raises(where u put ur forearms on the pads and lift up). I went on to do a few more sets of military presses but then i left cause i was hurting. im walking like the hunchback of notre dame cause my back is hurtin. any1 know how i could have screwed up my upper back on that exercise? and whats good way to stop pain?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    who knows dude, the back sux, the slightist twist can hurt the back . nothing you can do really to stop the pain try and get as comfortable as possible and stay out of the gym for a few days till its better or go see a doctor if after a day or so your still looking like the hunchback

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    could be a pinched nerve, espically if its a real direct, intense, shooting pain that hurts in some positions, but not in others. its kinda hard to explain, you know it when you have it. if your young, it should get noticably better every day. For someone like my dad, who is in his 60's now, it could last several weeks.

what causes it: strenuous exercise and if you pinch a nerve, you know it immediately, at least I did.

if you give us specifics as to the pain your feeling, the board may be able to give you a little more advice.

as for a good way to stop the pain, well, if it is a pinched nerve, don't do anything that will piss it off, lol.

gymnut4u is offline Member
    bump : vegeta !!!!!

bro you can screw up your back by getting a jug of milk out of the frig or getting out of the bath tub , not the wrong way but in a way your back dosent like to bend , it is a very common thing to do and I have read that 4 out of 10 people will injure there back in there this year , not being warmed up , weak abs and lower back can play a role ,not saying this is the case ,, if the pain keep up go to the doc ,,,,, good luck with it bro !

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    its hurts most if i turn my head to the right

V-TACH is offline New Member
    sounds like you have a pinched nerve in your back. you can pinch a nerve doing almost anything including sleeping. you have nerves running down the full length of your spinal cord. you also have nerves protruding outward from the spinal cord. what happens is a vertebrate located in the vertebral column slips and pinches the nerve/nerves that are running through/around it. this in turn affects the organ/muscle that the nerve supplies. you can pinch a nerve in your lower back and the muscles in your neck are affected. This is the case scenario of a "crick in the neck". anyway, the best advice i can give u is to put a heating pad on your back and don't do anything that will disturb your spinal cord. If it still bothers you after 5-6 days, go see a Chiropractor. Take care bro!!

Thread Information