Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member

no pump in arms please help

when i do bi's i feel it in my forearm and my front delt. when i do tri's i feel it in my elbow. i am doing strict form and i have lowered the weights... could it be my concentration isnt so good?

ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    what does your arm workout look like ?

was:
    BI
    standing bar curls 12xx10x10x8
    preacher curls 12x10x10x8
    incline dumb curls 10x10x8x6
    TRI
    tri pushdowns 15x12x12x10
    scull crushers 12x10x8x6
    dips 12x12x12x12
    behind neck extensions 10x8x6x6

now:
    BI
    machine one arm curls 15x12x8x8 (only exercise i get crazy pump)
    ex bar curls 12x12x10x10
    preacher curls 12x12x10x8
    alt dumb curls 10x8x8x6
    TRI
    close grip bench 10x8x8x6
    scull crushers 12x10x8x6
    dips 12x12x12x12

i even started supersetting everything for tris... it is helping a little but still no tri pump, and only the machine one arm pumps biceps all others shoulders hurt

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I am sorry to say this but I would bet a lot of money that your form is off.. If the machine is the ONLY one that you feel that is because your arm is locked in a proper position and using only the bicep. It sounds like all the other muscles are over powering the targeted area..lf you form is correct you can get a "pump" with 10 pound dumbells!

thats what i think it is, i think it is my concentration and my form.. i think i am pulling the weight, not curling it

Well then, you know what to do

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'm gonna go one further

maybe it is the strictness in your movements, but my concern would also be hydration and proper carbs leading up to you workout. dehydration will lead to poor contractiob and improper fluid and carb amount leading up to a workout will minimize your ability to "pump" up your muscles

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i think ure reps are too high aswell but def work on ure form

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    one exercise you may want to alter is to do db preachers so you can focus on each individual bicep. But ignoring the pump, are your arms getting bigger/ stronger?

arms are getting a little bigger and a little stronger, but i feel pump everywhere else, pecs, legs, shoulders, back, but no arms. thanks for the response guys ill try all your tips

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    try this 1st...

Today's "OBVIOUS" training reminder!!

16 sets for bi and 20 sets for tri is way too much. Your form has be off if the only think working for you is machines cause of the fixed range of motion. I do 6 sets of bi and 6-9 sets of tricep and my arms feel like they will fall off. i cant even barely brush my teeth the next morning cause my arms lock up.

i wish

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Thats too many sets for arms

TimeToGetBig27 is offline Junior Member
    Too many sets, try to stick to 3 main exercives 3 sets for Bi's and Tri's. High weight 8-12Reps. Increase weight every set if possible. If that wont get a pump in your arm, i would be willing to put on money its your form like a couple of the others.

Also twist the dumbbells and do more concentration curls. Pause the weight and go down slow, flex at the top.

did bi's yesturday, felt a good pump alt dumbell curls (went extremely light) felt a little bit of a pump with standing curls then did hammers (no pump) and then preacher (no pump).

Ok, the Alt dumbells are the only ones that you supinate, so perhaps that gets a pump in your bicep. Again check your form especially on standing curls (which I presume is straight bar)!! Make sure your elbows are in at your side, do not let them move otherwise your delts take over part of the work.

my elbows thay at my side the whole time, i think im not getting the mind muscle connection that people always talk about.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    F*ck the goddamn pumps. If you arms are growing and you're increasing the weights you use, it's all good. 6 sets for bi's, 6 for tris... MAX.

i dont understand how people do 6 sets for bi's and 6 for ti's and they grow, i dont think its possible

transform is offline Associate Member
    I do 8 sets for tris, 7 for bis.Sometimes 1more or 1 less set depending on how im feelin. Iv tried higher and lower, but 8 and 7 seems to be the best. 16 and 20 is way to much,imo, mate. Are ya makin gains in size and strenght

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i dont understand how people do 6 sets for bi's and 6 for ti's and they grow, i dont think its possible
    you want before and after pictures to show its possible??? my arms went from 14.5 inches to 16.5 inches with hammer curls and straight bar curls. 3 sets of each. triceps 2 sets close grip bench, 2 sets skull crusher, 2 sets db french press.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    Hey do u do chest/tris, or arms together? im going to start the exact arm workout as you!!! thanks

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    that was to FATmike

Quote Originally Posted by josh8416
    Hey do u do chest/tris, or arms together? im going to start the exact arm workout as you!!! thanks
    i grew very well on chest and tris. i did all my chest exercises 1st then hammered tris after. biceps i did on its own day with abs. Now i am on a custom workout designed by swolecat that i cant figure out any method to the madness but I know it works!!!

Quote Originally Posted by josh8416
    that was to FATmike
    look at my arms before and then look at my avatar.. granted it was several months ago that pic but you can see 6 sets does work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails no pump in arms please help-mike.jpg  

i wasnt being an ass, sorry if you took it that way. im sure it works i just dont see how it does

I hear ya Nick! I didn't think so either, but when I trashed my elbows I was seeking an alternative method to train arms. It works beautifuly, back n bis and chest n tris! You have to remember that biceps are a very small muscle, and depending on your training, if you have a back day then a seperate bicep day in any given 7 days, your small muscles of biceps are getting worked twice, and for most this is not nessesary! As for triceps, they get hit when doing, chest, and shoulders, and on tricep day.. Thats three times in any given 7 days!!! Because muscle grow when resting, your average person actually overtrains these muscles. By combining bi's with back n tri's with chest, you effectivley work them out, with minimal direct sets and without overtraining!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Nick...what is your diet like right now?

Because the cause could be dietary

I too train with high volume...generally lack of pump indicates dietary/caloric deficiency

i can list my diet later, but i dont think that is the problem, because like i said i get pumped in legs chest, etc... not arms

i can list my diet later, but i dont think that is the problem, because like i said i get pumped in legs chest, etc... not arms
    Maybe you have no veins in your arms.. Yes that must be it lol

i did tri's yesturday... went very very light and got a great pump, my tris were killing me... i have 2 new worries now lol... they arent sore at all the day after and i feel like im going to light im not going to grow, sorry im being a worrier, thats why my friends call me whiskers

Man. if your growing and gaining. Just keep pushing... Change your workouts up frequently! Good luck

harl is offline Associate Member
    Up your carbs and water, pound down a big bowl of pasta the day before..... also try taking a week off from doing bi's. If anything its your diet not your workout.

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by harl
    Up your carbs and water, pound down a big bowl of pasta the day before..... also try taking a week off from doing bi's. If anything its your diet not your workout.
    what are you my ****ing echo?

harl is offline Associate Member
    Sorry, sometimes I dont read all of the relpys.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    was:
    BI
    standing bar curls 12xx10x10x8
    preacher curls 12x10x10x8
    incline dumb curls 10x10x8x6
    TRI
    scull crushers 12x10x8x6
    dips 12x12x12x12

now:
    BI
    machine one arm curls 15x12x8x8 (only exercise i get crazy pump)
    ex bar curls 12x12x10x10
    preacher curls 12x12x10x8
    alt dumb curls 10x8x8x6
    TRI
    close grip bench 10x8x8x6
    scull crushers 12x10x8x6
    dips 12x12x12x12

i even started supersetting everything for tris... it is helping a little but still no tri pump, and only the machine one arm pumps biceps all others shoulders hurt

Your probably overtrained. Many guys in times of overtraining can't get pumps in the affected muscle group.
    I think your doin way to much work, but thats just my opinion. Im sure you got pumped as hell in the beginning with that workout, but after awhile things break down.
    The arachidonic acid levels in the muscles are probably comppletely sapped after doin that routine, and that contributes to your lack of pump. Im sure that workout uses up glycogen rather fast and you proably have none left by the time you're halfway done.
    I would take 2 weeks off from all training, or a 2 weeks off from arm trainng at the least, and start back with a more abreviated routine, maybe add some more carbs, more water, red meat, and creatine.
    Maybe even try an arachidonic acid supllement.

Also, keep in mind that a pump is not necessarily the tell tail sign of growth.
    If you have been making steady strenghth and size increases, then that is all that matters.

ok

Quote Originally Posted by harl
    Sorry, sometimes I dont read all of the relpys.
    i'm just playing

Jimmya73 is offline Senior Member
    i find it strange that you are not getting a pump in your bi's, or not increasing it on preacher curls. that is the biggest isolation movement. i wonder, do you hunch over the pad or do you lean back and brace your legs?

are you doing "tough guy" preachers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmya73
    i find it strange that you are not getting a pump in your bi's, or not increasing it on preacher curls. that is the biggest isolation movement. i wonder, do you hunch over the pad or do you lean back and brace your legs?
    tough guy preachers= loading the weight to more than you max suggested reps and force repping the last 40- 50% of them without reaching full extension at the botom of the movement. let your arms full fel the weight of the bar by slowly stretching your bi's as you lower the bar. come just shy of arms fully extended.
    i love watching guys do tough guy preachers, as i call them. ****ign legs kicking underneath the seat..... turning purple from their chest mashes up against the seat from trying to use body english....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information