Terinox is offline The One & Only

Is ENDURANCE An Issue/Problem For You???

Alright boyz, listen up...

This is mainly for you big guys, the 200+ guys, like BK and all. I weigh about 190 pounds right now, and I'm pretty strong, I mean I can bench sets with 185, and I can curl heavy weights and all BUT when it comes to normal, easy daily chores, it's a killer!!! I mean I was helping my brother paint his new house, and I'm like starting to paint, and I've barely painted half of ONE wall, and my shoulders/arms are killing me!

Since i'm going for a shitload of muscle mass, am I sacrificing endurace? I mean, are you big guys able to do things like this, painting, nailing, etc... Work that involves using your arms up in the are for a while! Do you get what I mean? I get really tired really fast! I'm also not very flexible. Are you guys flexible, even though you weight a lot. People like BigKev, is this something that you have to sacrifice to look all big, or is it something you just have to work on and can get both?

I hope I haven't confused you too much

Any input is welcome, thnx.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    I think you can be big and be flexible at the same time. In Arnold's Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding there's a pic of Tom Platz sitting on the ground and he's bent all the way back so his head is touching the ground. You just gotta practice, I stretch for at least 5 mins. a day (not including when I workout) because it accustoms the muscle to stress. As for tiring really easy, I'm in the same boat. I'm pretty strong when it comes to lifting, but tell me to hold my arm above my head for a minute and I'm tired as fuck. I think it is because we are used to intermittent (spelling) stimulus as opposed to static. JMO.

p.s. I used to be heavier around 210-215, now am 180-183. FYI.

thnx for the advice, so which is better then though? being static?

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Well Terinox, you sound like me when I was 200. I was as strong as an ox, but everyday I would have to climb 3 flights of stairs to get to class, and I remember breaking out in a sweat and breathing heavier every time I made it to the top, lol.

The solution: Do a little cardio, like 10 minutes on the bike before you start your workout. Also, stretch!!!! otherwise, as you grow, you will get tighter and tighter. And remember, its good for you. Stretching helps increase blood flow which will help to pull out lactic acid out of your tissue post-workout, and that means faster recovery times.

it all depends on what you want. You're not going to build big muscles doing static excercises, and your not going to gain endurance by doing heavy lifts. It's one or the other. LIke Vegeta said just do some cardio and that might help you out a little.

Alright, thnx guys. I guess i'm gonna stickw ith the heavy lifts. I'd rather look huge and ripped like BK, then just have "some" muscle

Thread Information