Thread: Ratator cuff???

Ridla is offline Associate Member

Ratator cuff???

hey guys
    I think i hurt my rotator cuff on my right side. I was stretching in the morning (as if flexing biceps with both fists on the sides of my head)
    and all of a sudden i felt a sharp pain in my shoulder. It was not on the outer muscles it felt as if it were deep inside. what does one do to go about treating this???
    I am not in the states???
    any speacial dru gs I can take???

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    does it hurt when doing any specific exercises???

yeah bench flat...its more like a lag when I bench it just feels weeek and then the slight starts. After I am done with chest days and I try to take of my shirt it feels paralysed for a certain movement!!!

see a doctor and stop doing flat bench or any exercise that triggers a pain!

Luminaire is offline Associate Member
    also check this forum, tons of posts on rotator cuffs, ill post a few when i get a chance

Luminaire is offline Associate Member

i still wouldnt even take a chance man! you mess that up and you can forget about lifting! you'll be doing circuit training for the rest of your life!

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    when you move your arm without weight are you restricted in certain areas or not? I just did something like that to my shoulder and went to my schools athletic trainer, he said that I popped my biceptial tendon out of its groove and then back in, it felt like I had torn something, but he gave me a worksheet that had a re-hab type schedule on it and I have been doing that for a week and feel great, PM me if you want it, I seem to have misplaced it but will send it to you if you want.

I did the same thing, mine was on incline bench though. I would just rest it, if you have been lifting hard, your body probably needs a rest anyways. Rest for a week, and then do light chest when you come back if you can stand taking a week off.

ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    same thing happened to me, can't do flat bench , and even after chest days it kills, hurts to put the deoderant on. but i went to the doc, he did ex-rays, told me I tore my ACL, he said i can still lift , but to lay off flat bench and when i do db shoulder presses to keep my arms more outward so i don't hit the ACL as hard. sucks, i didn't even know we had an ACL in our shoulder.

got my glucosamene!!!

I tore my rotarcuff when i disloctaed my shoulder

rehab exercises were - 5lb plate
    stick or ur elbow to the side (parrellel to the floor) with ur lower arm pointing to the floor then only moving ur lower arm raise the weight so ur lower arm is pointing ups (kinda like a reverse arm wrestle)

do 3 x 15-20 and don't go above 10lbs

also press ups 3x 10

hope this helps....

Thread Information