Elbow Problems....Skullcrushers

A couple of days ago I decided to try something I saw a guy post on another board.
    1st this is to be noted. I have very strong triceps. Last Xmas I tore two tendons on the left elbow. One above and one below from doing heavy Skullcrushers. I still have problems with that elbow which effects all pushing movements. Mon while working chest, I thought I'd try his tricept exercise. Here it is. Grab an Ez curl bar with some lightweight added. Now this movement is kinda like a skullcrusher. the diff is your gonna take a close grip on the easy bar and press it like a close grip bench. Once fully extended bring the bar straight back with arms extended towards the back of you. Now drop the weight down towards your forehead like a skullcrusher and then back to the middle of the chest, and then back up to a benchpress. Hope that makes since. Just keep going. Today my tri's still hurt from this. I thought i was getting everything from Bar dips, close grip bench, reverse grip bench and pushdowns. No comparison. It didn't hurt my left elbow at all and it worked

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmm thanx bro, I have seen people do this, I believe theres pictures on www.abcbodybuilding.com .. I have sore elbows/forarms still, perhaps I will try that

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Hmm thanx bro, I have seen people do this, I believe theres pictures on www.abcbodybuilding.com .. I have sore elbows/forarms still, perhaps I will try that
    Give em a shot. hell it took almost all the stress of my elbows. Just do the negitive part of the exercise slowly. Anyways doing it to fast could result in one hell of a headache

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    now that i think of it, one of my buds was telling me bout those things.. said they killed the hell outa his tris i might just have to give em a shot

Thread Information