Thread: Heart Rate

Benzboy429 is offline New Member

Heart Rate

I just recently started working out doing cardio 7x's a week, when i first started my heart rate would be 150-170 while working out, on the treadmill, bike, or stairmaster, but now for the past few days no matter how much i try or i push myself i cant get it over 150. Did my body get immune to working out and my heart doesnt work as fast now?

alphaman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzboy429
    I just recently started working out doing cardio 7x's a week, when i first started my heart rate would be 150-170 while working out, on the treadmill, bike, or stairmaster, but now for the past few days no matter how much i try or i push myself i cant get it over 150. Did my body get immune to working out and my heart doesnt work as fast now?
    The best cardio for fat loss is @ 60-70% of your maximum heart rate, 150 is too high. You're probably better off at 125-130, but go to a target heart rate calculator on the web and fgure out what yours should be. A fast walk at an incline is best IMO.

Benzboy429 is offline New Member
    heart rate is 80 beats per minute

alphaman is offline Member
    I don't think you understand. Your target heart rate is the amount of beats/ min that occur when you are in the fat burning zone. An easy calculation is ([220-your age= maximum heart rate] x 65%= fat burning zone)

Soooo.... If your 25 yrs old, thats (195 x 65%= 126.75)

That woould mean your heart rate would be @ 126.75 to be smack dab in the middle of the fat burning zone. I personally work @ 70%.

Thread Information